Moosh

Burglar Alarm System

With all this talk of burglaries happening lately, we've decided to get a security system installed. Has anyone been out to the marketplace and found out how much it costs to install and monitor an alarm in the southern suburbs?

Recommendations wanted please. Ta :policeman:

Not had one installed, but we have monitoring by Clarke Security at our shop, and have found them excellent in terms of service and value. I beleive they do installations too

Boss at work uses Chubb Security - I think the monthly monitoring charge is about $45/mth. Otherwise Michelle, you are welcome to borrow our devil dog anytime you like!

Might decide not to go with a monitored alarm and go with one that calls your mobile phone.

Guest Guest5035

why get it monitered all they do is ring you, not the cops.

Stevo

why get it monitered all they do is ring you, not the cops.

Stevo

thats what i thought

Guest Guest5035

by the time someone gets home they are gone, but it does act as a deterant, a dog is only good if its a killer, we had a dog, they gave him a mars bar to shut him up!!

Stevo

by the time someone gets home they are gone, but it does act as a deterant, a dog is only good if its a killer, we had a dog, they gave him a mars bar to shut him up!!

Stevo

Speed our dog eats they'd need a whole box load of mars bars to shut her up for more than 2 seconds and while she was eating the demon cat would hold them off!!! Our neighbours were broken into a couple of years back and our dog raised merry hell barking (and that's neighbours that are across the road, not right next door) - but of course, after we'd checked our place wasn't under threat, we didn't think to look at other houses - we would now though!

We have a monitored alarm with Clarke security, can't fault there service. We pay $28 per month, if 1 sensor gets set off they call me, but if 2 sensors are triggered they call police. Exactly the same service we had in the UK, with ADT top level, but at half the price.

Prema

Can't fault my service with Chubb, had it installed a few years ago, monitoring costs $270 a year. I prefer them to monitor the system as you can choose the action they take when the alarms are activated. Not to mention the point that if you choose to monitor yourself you must make sure that you are available to respond, which is not always possible if your mobile is out of radio range or suffering a flat battery.

I forgot to add most, if not all insurance companies also offer a discount on your home and contents insurance if you have a security company monitored system, they don't offer this discount unless it is a back to base and they do ask which company monitors your property.