Guest angiestaff

ok i am officially a wimp!

Guest angiestaff

after taking the p**s out of my mate in seaford last year for her n hubby having flanelette p.j's........ i have now bought flanelette sheets!!, it was pretty chilly when i went to bed the other night:shocked:i took the dogs to bed as my hot water bottles lol

i can't believe i sat in england throwing out all my warm stuff muttering the words.......' well we're off to aus now we won't need this...'

i miss my 14 tog duvet:sad:

ange x

Guest rachinadelaide

We spent the long weekend camping at Wilpena Pound.... I slept wearing tights, thermal leggings, trousers and 2 pairs of socks; T-shirt, jumper, coat and scarf. I could hardly bend my arms and legs. We also had sleeping bags, a quilt and a blanket and I still wasn't exactly toasty!!!! Tuesday morning everything was covered in ice - including my nose!

We were there with a couple of new migrants who were questioning why they left all their warm clothes in the Netherlands and why they thought Adelaide was always warm!

We are now back in our heated house and I have promised myself I will never, ever complain about being too hot again!

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

It has been as I've ever known it here recently.

My hot water bottle is in the UK on holiday at the moment:wideeyed:

you could get one of those UK winter quilts delivered from M&S or Debenhams LOL. I slept under one of those massive thick quilts when we went to England last, but felt like I couldn't move and was being crushed by haybale :biglaugh:

Guest me123

This is just what i have done ..small fortune on fluffy sheets/dressing gowns/slippers/top blankets..etc....but have you seen how much fluff the bedsets generate.....have to hoover bedroom every day..for the first three days OH got out of bed with a white beard....looked like bloody santa!!

Guest angiestaff
    you could get one of those UK winter quilts delivered from M&S or Debenhams LOL. I slept under one of those massive thick quilts when we went to England last, but felt like I couldn't move and was being crushed by haybale :biglaugh:

i'm at work this evening and i'll admit i went straight on the m+s website to look at their duvets, impressed with the price for the 13.5 tog one, didn't seem too expensive to have delivered to here.

hubby admitted however this evening that he found the flanelette sheets too hot, he was told in no uncertain words that they will NOT be removed for a few months at least :biglaugh:

ange x

Guest angiestaff
    This is just what i have done ..small fortune on fluffy sheets/dressing gowns/slippers/top blankets..etc....but have you seen how much fluff the bedsets generate.....have to hoover bedroom every day..for the first three days OH got out of bed with a white beard....looked like bloody santa!!

ooh a dressing gown....now that would be nice too! lol.... i have the slippers/big warm ugg boots and bed socks already

ange x