Sign in to follow this  
Guest zhazy021

Need help, VirginBlue connecting VirginAtlantic

Guest zhazy021

I've booked a flight from Adelaide to Hong Kong via sydney (domestic one operated by VirginBlue)on VirginAtlantic's website. But I've no idea why the booing reference No. provided by VA's eticket can't be used in VB's online booking/chick-in system.

So could somebody please tell me how can I check-in for the flight from Adelaide to Sydeny? Urgently...........:arghh:

Guest Jo&Phil

Assuming you have bags and want them checked all the way through to HKG rather than having to a) collect them from SYD domestic terminal and then b) transfer them and yourself to SYD intl terminal ............. you will need to check in at the airport so this can happen.

That's probably why your Virgin Atlantic booking locator isn't liked by Virgin Blue system.

As already suggested .... might be worth a call to the airline.

We did this a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure our luggage from this end was checked through onto the International flight, although not 100% sure.... but when we flew back into Sydney, we had to collect our luggage, and then check it onwards for the domestic flight. Sydney's international and domestic terminals are separate too - a bus or train ride apart - but Virgin had a facility at the International Terminal to check it onto domestic. You just had to collect it first.

We in fact arrived too late for our onward connection (delays from LHR) so they put us on a later flight and we caught a train down to Circular Quay and had a harbour cruise and lunch in the time we had. Don't forget to register for Virgin airmiles if you haven't already done so. Well worth it.

Guest The Pickles

Diane is absolutely correct, you will need to collect your luggage in Sydney and check in at the Virgin Blue desk. Suggestion, if you have time in Hong Kong, use their internet and check in online for your Sydney to Adelaide flight.

Safe trip!

Guest zhazy021

Oh, thank you guys,

I've rung VB, my luggage will be checked through onto international flight in Adelaide...but since my flights were booked through Virgin Atlantic, on a Virgin Atlantic

ticket then I cannot pre-request my seats until at the time

of check-in.:skeptical: