Coming to Oz

Guest P00hbear

Guest P00hbear

Hi all

We have at last got our visas, trying to get over the shock of only having 4 months until initial entry dates expire!!!! Need desparately to get on with things now but seemed to have hit an emotional wall.... i expect this is normal? - all through the deciding to apply, waiting for application to get processed, we have been strong and excited - 2 years later - we seem to be forgetting all that inspired us to keep going!!!

I am a total mess today when i should be jumping for joy - does this mean that i don't really want to go???? I am hoping that this rollercoaster will pick up - perhaps i need some reminders of what a great place Australia is .......?

Guest Nicky&Andy

you'll be fine , i,ve had similar feelings myself, i just put on the videos i took when we were on our recci,

its certainly an up and down emotional rollercoaster ride,

Guest cornish Busdriver

That kinda normal, but gotta admit i never went though that.

I think it depends on the emotional links you have back there with family and friends.

Just remember family and friends are only a 24 hr flight, 1 day, an email, a phone call, a webcam away.

If you came out on a reccie just take a look at the pictures and video's you took and remember why you first wanted to come down here.

Guest P00hbear
you'll be fine , i,ve had similar feelings myself, i just put on the videos i took when we were on our recci,

its certainly an up and down emotional rollercoaster ride,

Thanks I will get out those videos...... we have been so excited throughout the application process and thought we would be jumping for joy which we were and then the reality hit and the rollercoaster keeps dipping!!! I am sure once we have started to get things organised, we will feel better.

Are you there yet?

I know exactly how you feel, you spend so much time hoping the visa will come through and how great it will be. When it finally happens the reality of what you are going to leave behind hits you.

I think we are probably scared of the unknown and i know i have really good days and really bad days.

I really dont know how i will get through the last few days but am just trying to make everyday with my family count at the minute.

Dont worry from what ive been told this is all normal and who wouldnt be a wreck when you consider what you are doing.

Take a deep breath, look at your old photos with a nice glass of Australian wine and you will be back on track in no time.

We go in 2 months so il keep an extra bottle in the fridge for when you arrive.

Guest Nicky&Andy
Thanks I will get out those videos...... we have been so excited throughout the application process and thought we would be jumping for joy which we were and then the reality hit and the rollercoaster keeps dipping!!! I am sure once we have started to get things organised, we will feel better.

Are you there yet?

were still in uk, house is into ten weeks today of the selling process,people buying our buyers house , are having problems, with their mortgage , so not sure if the sale will go through, keeping everything crossed,trouble is you cant really book anything, were in limbo again!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest P00hbear
I know exactly how you feel, you spend so much time hoping the visa will come through and how great it will be. When it finally happens the reality of what you are going to leave behind hits you.

I think we are probably scared of the unknown and i know i have really good days and really bad days.

I really dont know how i will get through the last few days but am just trying to make everyday with my family count at the minute.

Dont worry from what ive been told this is all normal and who wouldnt be a wreck when you consider what you are doing.

Take a deep breath, look at your old photos with a nice glass of Australian wine and you will be back on track in no time.

We go in 2 months so il keep an extra bottle in the fridge for when you arrive.

Thanks for your comments - i guess you are right - we wouldn't be human if we didn't feels some emotion!

Well it all got too much for me I am afraid :sad:. It wasn't getting any easier over a 2 week period and i had to decide whether I felt so emotional because I wasn't sure whether it was the right decision.... after some soul searching - i came to the decision that I just couldn't go and leave 2 of my grown up kids behind, even though i had been telling everyone i could for the last 2 years! Reality is such a different feeling to thinking about going:confused: So we have put the whole thing on a back burner for now.... we will go and validate our visas in october and hopefully this will remind us of how much we wanted to be there. It's been a really tough couple of weeks but i feel relieved now we have made a decision.... after 2 years of being in limbo and not knowing which direction we were going in. I think we need to take stock of our life and decide what it is we want to change. I have certainly jumped of the 'moaning and groaning about this country' bandwagon but although I don't like what's going on in UK, I am lucky enough to say that it isn't directly affecting me. We both have good jobs and a good quality of life and we didn't have jobs to go to in Oz - we would still need to live and may not be able to enjoy the lifestyle that we would want and could end up not being able to provide well for our teenage daughters.

So there's my story - it has cost a lot of money to get to this place but hopefully in the future I may be able to write the next chapter on here :wubclub:

Good luck with your move - i wish you and your family all the very best down under - you only live once don't you - enjoy that Australian wine for us and live life to the full.

Wendy

Wendy

Dont be too hard on yourself, you have obviously thought this through a lot and if you only have a few months to decide you are doing the right thing.

Validate your visa and then take your time and make sure you are doing the right thing. You never know after being out there again you may change your mind again!! (we are allowed you know).

I have had a bit of good news both my children have now changed their minds again and said they will follow us in 2-3 years. Keeping fingers crossed.

Keep in touch and come for a BBQ when you come back over.

Good luck