niknjas

Tools wanted (Roofers)

Hi

Sorry if this is in the wrong place (could the mods think about putting a wish list section on here please - practical things only not like 6 foot 2 blondes). Hope not opening a can of worms.

Our container is due to arrive in a month. Have done without my favourite tools that I did not ship ahead. Mother arrived on Saturday and has just informed me that 5 days after we left the country our garage got broken into and some of my tools nicked. Know who it was but police came out and because it was wet were unable to get fingerprints. Stole my stihl saw (disc cutter) and my dewalt mitre saw:arghh::mad::realmad: Luckily did not touch anything else in the garage.

Does anybody know of anyone selling a stihl saw and a trim saw please?

Thanks

Jason & Niki

Guest shed end col

Hi Jason, Col here, plasterer. Met you on that site at West Beach sorry to hear your bad news. I've heard there are auctions out here for tools and equipment not sure where and when. Ask a few tradies there bound to know,hope thi helps. Col

Hi Jason, Col here, plasterer. Met you on that site at West Beach sorry to hear your bad news. I've heard there are auctions out here for tools and equipment not sure where and when. Ask a few tradies there bound to know,hope thi helps. Col

Try evans and Clark they have auctions for tools a lot on line register with them and they will email you the auctions that are coming up seen a few quick cuts or demolition saws as they call them here for sale on there just got to keep watching

Evans Clarke National - Valuers & Auctioneers Australia Wide

Thanks everyone for info and saying you'll keep your eye out. Logged on at that auction site so will see what comes up. will keep you posted on my findings.

Jason

hi was in bunnings marion today they had makita 10inch slide mitre saws on special for $499 usualy about $750-$800

Hi

Just to give an update like I said I would and to thank people that were keeping an eye out for me for the tools I wanted.

Decided that I can do without a mitre saw for the time being. Had a look here and nearly fell over the price of stihl saws second hand. They also did not look like they would last much longer. The Mrs got in contact with some old tool contacts that she knew through her Dad in UK and managed to get a brand new one in box, diamond blade and to have it shipped direct to our door for less than £600. It arrived in just under two weeks. Feel like all my christmases have come at once as I now have anew toy:).

Jason

Hi Jason

I am a roof Slater/tiler to trade never done it over here. I take you are going to use the stihl for cutting tiles. I have never seen anyone here using them they all seem to use tile cutters like nibblers. You better watch what your doing you might drag them into the 21st century next thing you know they might be using plastic hip and ridge systems.

Hi Ian McYeah they struggle a bit don't they. my boss is resisting it and they think they invented roofingJason