HEAPS GOOD !!!

Sad news....

Guest kangomik

:sad:Have a friend who has just completed his second tour, thankfully he got back in one piece but was blown up whilst in a vehicle over there. Thankfully the secondary never went off!

He says it is really rough over there at the moment, a lot worse than a couple of years ago.

I think your right, and it will be a larger worldwide political issue soon:realmad:

:sad:Have a friend who has just completed his second tour, thankfully he got back in one piece but was blown up whilst in a vehicle over there. Thankfully the secondary never went off!

He says it is really rough over there at the moment, a lot worse than a couple of years ago.

I think your right, and it will be a larger worldwide political issue soon:realmad:

Just pull out and leave them to it if you ask me....thats all nations not just British/Oz.....

HG

I remember before the election...Kev Rudd said he would withdraw troops from Afghanistan. What happened to that?

The amount of national pride around "our diggers" (I became an Aussie citizen four months ago) is amazing.

i just don't know whether it's winnable. Everyone thoughout history has had their arse kicked in Afghanistan, and without a massive increase in troop levels from a lot of nations (which is unlikely) there has to be an exit plan. I don't know how long the public will put up with this.

I lived in South Africa when my school friends were conscripted and sent to fight in Angola.

It is so distressing to hear about this and i feel for their families.

It was a helicopter crash what happened in Cameroon at the weekend? The last 3 deaths had nothing to do with the war, air accidents happen.

It was a helicopter crash what happened in Cameroon at the weekend? The last 3 deaths had nothing to do with the war, air accidents happen.

Surely it has something to do with the war...else the Aussie armed forces would not be there.....

HG

But the accident could have happened on a training run. They sign up and are doing their job.

Of course I am sorry for them, but accidents happen when at work, or going to work, or coming home from work, of when not at work.

So these soldiers shouldn't go down as victims of the war.

But the accident could have happened on a training run. They sign up and are doing their job.

Of course I am sorry for them, but accidents happen when at work, or going to work, or coming home from work, of when not at work.

So these soldiers shouldn't go down as victims of the war.

and then their wives and children...sorry you wnt get a pension or life insurance pay out as they were just doing their job......:chatterbox:

Dnt think so....

HG

and then their wives and children...sorry you wnt get a pension or life insurance pay out as they were just doing their job......:chatterbox:

Dnt think so....

HG

You've lost me (sorry), but I wasn't here to have an argument, but the fact is they had an accident at work and got killed, just like many other people doing their job. I feel just as sorry for their families as I do the mining executives who got killed too.

To me it seems like your saying its just a normal job.....far from it in my eyes....and just got killed...

Not going to enter any argument just the way it came over in your post.

All cool here.

HG

Definitely not a normal job.

Anyhow, all cool here, so I will keep out now in case I say something wrong!

everyone to their own mate, until the line gets crossed and i have to put my mod hat on :)

All good so far....

HG