Guest happy feet

sad news

Guest happy feet

300th british solider killed!!!! May not love the UK anymore, but being from a british army background ( sorry heaps good, my dad came back 11 times from tours in nothern ireland), i feel for every sad soilder story that makes a tiny bit of the news!!! It seems it's not worth reporting anymore, because people don't want to no anymore!!!!!!:arghh: RIP what ever army you have served and died for:sad:

300th british solider killed!!!! May not love the UK anymore, but being from a british army background ( sorry heaps good, my dad came back 11 times from tours in nothern ireland), i feel for every sad soilder story that makes a tiny bit of the news!!! It seems it's not worth reporting anymore, because people don't want to no anymore!!!!!!:arghh: RIP what ever army you have served and died for:sad:

I know what you mean. I have no army connections (apart from my dad in WW2) but it still pains me when I read these things.

My son-in-law was amazed when he took the girls (4 &6) to the Anzac day open air service in Blackwood this year. Hundreds turned up to show their respect - all ages from babes to veterans, and he was moved by the silence and genuine respect shown.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Ive done 3 tours of NI and lost 2 great mates in the process of being somewhere that the UK has no business being there and interfearing with another countrys political situation that effects thats countrys people and making the situation worse.

I think George Bush, Tony blair and the Uk Labour party has a lot to answer for for sending Uk troops into Irac then Afgansitan, fighting for somthing that is thats countrys problem, time to say enough is enough and get troops home and stop the waste of life.

Guest Carolandcraig

I spent 13years in the military and have to agree with cornish, weve know buisness being their, Blair was bushes pupet!

Guest WhatNow?

Hi, Don't want to heap pain on pain but I've just finished 'Hubris' by Michael Isikoff and David Corn. This is 'The inside story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Irag War'. I'm afraid it only confirmed what many had suspected all along about the (lack of) WMD, the real reasons for the 'War on Terror' and the squirming that went on when it looked like the evidence of the lies told by the Bush Administration was about to come to light. It was quite chilling to hear the actual word spoken by people trying to justify their diabolical decision- making strategies and what their real priorities were - and they were nothing to with oil either, surprisingly enough.