jo_marnes

Kids passport photos - where to go in the South?

My Son needs a new passport but I don't trust him to sit in a booth and have them done (can imagine me spending a fortune!!). Has anyone been to an actual shop/ photographer to have them done? We are in Hallett Cove, don't want to travel too far, but need to get it sorted asap. Thanks!

Guest WhatNow?

Don't know about in the South but up here in the NE Suburbs I went into a local Chemmart pharmacy and one of the assistants took the pic on a normal camera in the private consulting area and then put the SD card into their normal photoprinting machine. The machine does all the tests to see if the picture is suitable (right distance away, enough space around the face etc, they are fussy here!) and then prints the set - cost me $9.99.

The Post Office at Seaford takes passport pictures. Check out if the more local post offices do the same. Don't think HC one does though. I got mine does at Diamonds camera shop in Marion.

Guest norah battie

Colonnades....near the flower shop near cheap as chips......tell them its for a British passport cos the sizes are different

Theres a camera shop in marion shopping mall.. not sure of the name of it.. its on the 1st floor, on the same side of coles.. think its a couple of shops along from Dusk..

They know if a photo is acceptable & will retake as many times as needed.. ( my son kept smiling & they ended up taking about 15 photos!! imagine the cost of that in a photo booth!!) think it cost $12.

Guest ems

I've had pictures done at the post office in Southgate Plaza at Morphett Vale.

Guest panther

To get the correct size you must go to an Australia post outlet that does passport photos as some shops do not know the law regarding passport photos and wil be rejected.

Guest rachinadelaide
    To get the correct size you must go to an Australia post outlet that does passport photos as some shops do not know the law regarding passport photos and wil be rejected.

Some POs don't know the rules either!!!

My husband had his taken at the PO at Mile End and when he took them back (to the same PO) with his completed application they were rejected because there was glare off his glasses as flash had been used. He argued and they reluctantly said they would submit them but with the sulky disclaimer that 'they'll probably be rejected'.

Luckily they weren't!