Football tonight........

HEAPS GOOD !!!

I'm torn now - if I put two England flags on my car will the Aussies think I'm rubbing it in? Bit of a nailbiter last night, (and when Capello put Heskey on I was screaming at him!) but you gotta feel sorry for the socceroos this morning....AT least they went out with their heads held high...

Now, I know it's UK v Germany next (sorry HG all bets are off now!) but is it Sunday morning our time or Sunday evening? I'm confused now - I know England finished second in their group and Germany first (hardly fair as England are unbeaten so far and Germany aren't but there you go...!!) but can't remember if England are C and Germany group D or vice versa....

PS Had to laugh at this comment on another forum (look away now if you're easily offended...."This world cup is like world war two. Poland didn't even make it to the start, the French surrender early, usa come through late and we are left to fight the germans!")

Now, I know it's UK v Germany next (sorry HG all bets are off now!)

Since when was England the UK?

Anyway, just want to say well done to England, couple of nervy moments towards the end, but you played better on the night and deserved the win. Tough next round for you, but good luck.

Aussies, that was one of the bravest display i have seen at this stage of the world cup, you had to win and went for it no matter what. A great game to watch, and well done, hold your head high when you return, feel really sorry and but for you with some very harsh ref decisions you would have been through.

Since when was England the UK?

Since they played the British National Anthem at the beginning of all our games of course! In my view (big big stress on those three words!) the whole of that little island up there is England, the bit at the top is just Northern England and the bit at the side just Western England!!;)

Bring it home, boys! Time for Rooney to start playing, I reckon!! Can we ask for the same ref that did the Germany-Serbia game, please??

I live in eternal hope...

Diane