Any Good Banks

Guest Yogi

Guest wijaya

Hi there

We are banking with Westpac. We opened the account when we were still in the UK. Visited Adelaide last April to validate the visa, and validate our account. No problems so far.

This week, sent money for the first time using their online system to pay our short term rental in September. The bank waived the fee for the first six months, otherwisw it's 5 dollars, unless you have minimal amount in the account in the bank constantly.

I think all the big banks like Westpac, NAB, Commonwealth, Bendigo, or HSBC are all the same. It is like in the UK. In my opinion just take your pick and go for it.

regards

Guest jorose

We use ANZ having swapped from Westpac. No problems encountered and Internet banking, so far, seems to be idiotproof which is always a big plus in our house.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Were with Commonwealth Bank for both of our individual accounts, joint account and mortgage.

Never had any problems with them and a lot better and more friendly than any other bank we have ever been with in the UK.

Guest mark&rachel

we are with westpac and not that impressed. They charge for an awful lot of things as do as most aussie banks like chip and pin usage, direct debits, withdrawing from 'other' cashpoints. Concenous from my colleagues and mates is that NAB and Commonwealth are the best.

Paying for direct debits is a strange one although they do have another system called BPay which is similar its just you have to go online yourself and do it. Easy enough if you have a good memory or dont have too many bills to pay.

Guest Chelseadownunder

I had a night mare with Westpac at first. They have improved. The problem is that they dont tell you of better deals etc Until you ask to move your money. Banks are banks the world over I guess.

We bank with Westpac but have our mortgage with ANZ. I won't go into details here because I know sites such as this get twitchy about libel etc so all I'll say is that as soon as our build is completed we'll be moving from the ANZ and if we ever have to deal with them again it will be too soon.

Jim

Guest Bluenose

We've just changed to ING after being ripped off by Westpac for god knows how many years.

We pay ZERO fees and in some cases they even pay us 50 cents for withdrawing our money!

The catch is that they don't have any branches and it's purely a telephone and internet banking experience. You can use any teller and as long as you withdraw $200+ they reimburse the teller fee back into your account! If you withdraw $200+ via efpos (ie after you pay for your shopping) then they pay you 0.50cents! The staff on the phone are friendly, helpful and more importantly I haven't had to sit for any longer than 5 mins to speak to a real person!

Just incase you're wondering...no I don't work for ING but merely a person who after paying $600 a year in fees to Westpac, is very happy with my change in Bank (so far).

I'd seriously look into it if you don't want to pay fees to access your money. :)

Cheers

J

• 3 weeks later...