Sign in to follow this  
Guest m.and.m

? agency nursing

Guest m.and.m

Hi all, my family and I are emigrating to Adelaide i September fly out on 3rd, we were wondering if anybody has any thoughts on agency nursing and if it is a good idea when you first arrive or if a permenant position would be better, any advice greatly appreciated as very confused and nervous about gaining employment :confused:

Guest Trakki

It is entirely up to you, either works although unless you are general trained I would say go for a job. General nurses have no problems getting all the agency work they need, however if you are paeds, learning dis or mental health theere is not as much around.

If you want to go down the agency route then there are NASANSB, hmns, hendercare, to name a few all very good.

If you want to go down the permanent position route just email the hospital HR depts with your CV and covering letter including what visa you are on and they will email you back etc. Hospitals depending on where you live are Flinders MEdical, Flinders Private, WOmen and Childrens, Royal Adelaide, Lyell Mcewin to name a few.

One word of advice get statement of service letters from anywhere you have worked so that you can show them to any employer to get paid on the right scale.

Good luck and is I can help in anyway give me a shout. I'm a Paeds nurse.

Guest m.and.m

sorry to sound a bit thick but what do you mean by statement of service letter is that the same as a reference, I am a general trained nurse so the job market sounds promising looking forward to arriving but nervous as well.

Guest Carolandcraig

Letter of serivce is a letter from the hospital or hospitals HR departmant thay you have worked at, it just need to have the start and finish date. Unlike the UK you get paid on a scale from 1 to 9 years dependant on how many years you have been a nurse.

http://www.healthstaffrecruitment.com.au/salary-scales-nurses-australia-2010.pdf

The link above might help.

Craig.