Guest Rover

What is between Maslin Beach and Moana?

Guest Rover

We are hopefully coming over later in the year and are looking into which areas would be good to move to.

One area that has caught our eye is Moana & Seaford Rise, but looking at properties on the Domain.com.au site, there is some open space between a place called Maslin Beach and the southern point of Moana (Karko Drive).

Can anybody shed any light on what this place is (I can't work out whether it is farmland, a quarry or what) and whether it has any impact on day to day life (eg I remember someone commenting on the noise and dust from a quarry being an issue somewhere)?

PS - I'm not referring to the Conservation Park, the place I'm looking at is further south than that.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

There is a quarry there. I'm not sure if this has any effect on those living nearby so others who live close to it will be able to comment. I doubt it has effect.

Guest guest569

On the coast side of commercial road between maslins and Moana heights is open fields which have be brought by Hickinbothams. It will be land and home packaged but not for another 3 years.

Apparently oneof Brocks next projects after the Sunday Estate is all sold (think there are only about 12 blocks left) is land on the coast between Aldinga and Maslins - will have stunning views!

Guest katsmajic

Before we signed up for our housebuild we looked at a house on Karko crescent, was nice but bit too small, we asked the agent if the land/fields opposite would stay as fields as the views were stunning - he said yes it was a reserve....

would have been well pissed off if we had bought it!!!

whole area is owned by hickenbotham, which will certainly be worth looking at in a few years when they do start developing it.

Guest tinkham_lee

The land to the right of commercial road between Maslins beach and Moana is a quarry. I don't think it causes any problems for local residents, I have never seen lorries going in or out, and if they do, I would imagine they would go down Maslin beach road and onto main south. The boundary around the quarry is banked up with earth so you cant see into it, andto block a lot of the noise.

Guest hel&sam

we live on the coast estate at seaford rise, didnt even know there was a quarry there and i walk across the cliff tops and whatnot so no it doesnt cause any problems. didnt know hickenbottoms had that land shame they chop it up into such small pieces.

We live in Moana heights and love it, its really quiet and a great place for families and so close to all amenities. I walk the dog over the cliffs to Maslin every day, the land is currently farmed and there are also 2 lots (both 10 acres) for sale on realestate.com so am surprised to hear its going to be developed? Both beaches are lovely with Moana having a drive on beach and a cornered off family beach so its the best of both worlds. we have no issues with noise or dust from the quarry. hope this helps,

Kim

Guest true brit

hi guys be VERY VERY careful building with higinbothams...........they used to have a great reputation but i buil 15 mnths ago and it was a NIGHTMARE (CONSUMER AFFAIRS got involved but they can only do so much)..........best regards true brit

We are hopefully coming over later in the year and are looking into which areas would be good to move to.

One area that has caught our eye is Moana & Seaford Rise, but looking at properties on the Domain.com.au site, there is some open space between a place called Maslin Beach and the southern point of Moana (Karko Drive).

Can anybody shed any light on what this place is (I can't work out whether it is farmland, a quarry or what) and whether it has any impact on day to day life (eg I remember someone commenting on the noise and dust from a quarry being an issue somewhere)?

PS - I'm not referring to the Conservation Park, the place I'm looking at is further south than that.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

hiya we rent on karko drive and its just farm fields infront of us. it has been said that a builder has dibs on to build in the future but i dont know how true that is. so apart from fields and a few trees that have nice birds nowt much else is there and has been a lovely home in a quiet area till our house is ready accross at the coast estate. :o)

kathx