Guest Drumms

20ft - just over

Guest Drumms

Hey there,

We've just had the first guy come round to quote for shipping. We are just, just over 20ft and has recommended going for filling the container and then what's left over, either not take or ship over separate. He did however suggest leaving behind the dishwasher, claiming that majority of properties in Oz have dishwashers in place. Does that sound about right?

We are a 2 bedroom, one living room and kitchen house - we think we can fit it in a 20ft. :swoon:

Our first rental didn't have a dishwasher & no space to put one!! But our 2nd one did. (thank god!!) . Not all rentals have them.

We're currently building so have to buy one, Dishwashers here cost approx $700+ so depends on the condition of your one.

We moved from a 3 bed with 2 kids, thousands of toys,... basically the full house..beds wardrobes etc.. (and a full loft) and we managed to fit in a 20ft container..

Id get another company round for a quote, if they dont think a 20 ft is big enough, someone else will.

Our packers were great, they did an excellent job & it was jam packed.. We did have ALOT of things.

Guest Geordie Lad

Visited 6 different rental properties with my relocation consultant today and of them 3 had dishwashers so 50/50 from my experiences.

Found a fantastic place in Findon but not sure whether I will get it as it is available now and my company has paid up for an apartment for 2 months. Going to see if they can get out of it and use the money instead towards rental furniture until my container arrives in mid August. Otherwise it will have gone I suspect as it was FANTASTIC!!

:arghh:

We fit a four bed house into a 20 footer.

Admittedly only three beds and they "flat packed some storage and bookshelves. The estimators said it would be tight and there would be "overspill" but the packers fitted it in just fine (they must be good at jigsaws!).

De-clutter properly then prioritise ensuring they put those things you are less bothered about into the container last of all. If there is a bit left over either ship it separate airfreight or in a shared container or charitise/sell/give it away.

We left our dishwasher in the kitchen as part of sale - we moved into the house with one too.

Guest kas17
    Our first rental didn't have a dishwasher & no space to put one!! But our 2nd one did. (thank god!!) . Not all rentals have them.

We're currently building so have to buy one, Dishwashers here cost approx $700+ so depends on the condition of your one.

We moved from a 3 bed with 2 kids, thousands of toys,... basically the full house..beds wardrobes etc.. (and a full loft) and we managed to fit in a 20ft container..

Id get another company round for a quote, if they dont think a 20 ft is big enough, someone else will.

Our packers were great, they did an excellent job & it was jam packed.. We did have ALOT of things.

We are moving from a 3 bedroom million of toys house too and have been told it will fit into a 20 foot container.

Karen

Guest Nicky&Andy

weve been quoted for a 20ft and were comming from a five bed house, we have cleared alot of clutter, as the children are older there are not lots of toys etc although a couple of bikes are comming,and all the rest of our furniture/white goods are as well,

i would have thought you'd be ok (suppose it depends on size of furniture pieces your taking)

definatly get other quotes see what they say,

Guest Drumms

Thanks for the responses guys. We have 3 more assessments coming round today. Be interesting to see what they say. We think we will be OK with a 20ft as well.

Guest hel&sam

we were told the same but after extensive decluttering we got a 4 bed into a 20 foot. if it will fit bring it, theres always ebay.

Guest kanchanaboori

Just get those hands in the sink and stop worrying about a bleeding dishwasher (or get Steve on the dishes)