Guest Guest5035

look alike couples

Guest Guest5035

if she looked like me she'd be a godess:jiggy::jiggy:

stevo

Guest loopylisa

Randomly stumbled across this. What this research fails to point out is the 'precusor' to this which is that essentially we choose people as mates who are similar to us(including physically) so its not suprising after x number of years couples look like each other as there is likely to be that degree of similarity that first attracted you to someone.

Guest Adelaide_bound
    Randomly stumbled across this. What this research fails to point out is the 'precusor' to this which is that essentially we choose people as mates who are similar to us(including physically) so its not suprising after x number of years couples look like each other as there is likely to be that degree of similarity that first attracted you to someone.

How does that work for me and hubby then? I'm short and chubby, he is tall(ish) and rake like, I've got tiny close set blue green eyes, he's got massive big brown eyes, I've got tiny ears, he's got massive ears, I've got pudgy child hands, he's got lovely long artists hands and fingers.....I'm blue-white pale and blonde, he is olive skinned and almost black dark hair.....??:confused::biglaugh: Are we destined to not be together then? :chatterbox:

I thought it was more to do with immune systems being complimentary and therefore giving potential off spring the widest range of immunity to things, which we sense by smelling those pheromone thingys?

Guest loopylisa

Hmmm, I heard it on a TV show on sexual attraction. There is also this which says you dont neccessarily have to look the same but just be equally attractive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matching_hypothesis

Guest Adelaide_bound
    And this is only the average.

Ah - that explains a lot - I don't think anyone could call us average (odd, bizarre and weird definitely, but not average :) )

God i hope not my OH gets hairier the older he gets. Its bad enough having to wax every 6wks couldn't do with more often.

Lisa