Guest alpha

Adding spouse to SIR 495?

Guest alpha

Hi to all !!

i am new to the forum hence all your advices/info will be deeply appreciated. Here is m dilema:

i was granted SIR 495 on 15 april 2008 in adelaide and got married in August 2009 in Africa, hence my visa expires on 15 april 2011. i would like to know whether i could apply for permanent residency as i am eligible.....and apply for my spouse to join me on my current visa? if this is not possible what are my options?

any info will help no matter how small it might be....

thanks

Guest Matey2

The best advice is that you should consult a good migration agent. Alan Collett of GoMatilda comes highly recommended.

I don't THINK you can add a spouse to a visa once it has been granted. If you are resident in Australia you can sponser your spouse to join you here. I have no idea how that works though. Perhaps there is someone else who can advise?

Guest alpha

thanks for your honest response.....could you please give me the emails of the persons mentioned if possible

thank you

Guest alpha

i have just applied last night for my 887 visa in adelaide, uploaded everything at once. i arrived here on april 2008 so i was wondering whether i will be asked for medical exams again since i had them done before being granted the 495 visa couple years ago. Any info will help....

Guest tinkham_lee

If you are a PR then you can sponsor your spouse, you will have need to prove you have been living together for more than 1 year, your spouse will then get a temporary residence which will upgrade to PR after 2 years if you can prove you are still together. If you have been together more than 5 years, your spouse will get PR straight away.

i have just applied last night for my 887 visa in adelaide, uploaded everything at once. i arrived here on april 2008 so i was wondering whether i will be asked for medical exams again since i had them done before being granted the 495 visa couple years ago. Any info will help....

Your medicals are only valid for a year so yes you will need to do them again.

I assume you included your wife on this visa?

Guest alpha
    Your medicals are only valid for a year so yes you will need to do them again.

I assume you included your wife on this visa?

i heard that i could include her on my application since she isnt present in Australia at this stage..however i have included her as a dependent and once granted the PR i will sponsor her or did i misunderstood the message....do you think i can include her in my application eventhough she isnt here at the moment?

thanks

You could have added her to the 495 then she could have been included in the 887. She can't be included in the 887 visa as secondary applicant as she doesn't hold a qualifying visa.

Read here

Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

You really should seek the advice of an agent rather than random people on a forum to avoid problems in the future.

Had you done so after the marriage she would probably been in Oz by now and included on your PR visa.

You can apply for a spouse visa but DIAC will want to know why she wasn't included in previous visas - you will also need to meet other requirements which could be difficult if you have never lived together.

Guest brianlynnette

Hi lynnette here (brianlynnette) if no1 can answer your question email the australian embassy they are brill with yr answers, it can take up to 3 days before you get a reply tho, im an oz citizen and were coming over on a spouse visa, ive got to sponsor brian and im not using a migration expert ive just been emailing my question 1 at a time and writing it all down so i can get all info together then fill form in, oz embassy just charge you for the visa nothing else, my visas gonna cost 1,100 if we went thru a expert it would of cost at least double, hope that helps x

Hi Alpha

Just wondering if you got all this sorted OK?

Did you contact an agent - I noticed Alan Collett added his thanks to the post - if you need more help I would recommend sending him a PM.

Mel :D