Guest Sannie!

Paths to permanancy from 475!

Guest Sannie!

Hello, Everyone!

I am here on a 475 visa. I arrived here to adelaide just a month ago and am loving this place from day one. Now the problem is only finding a job and later converting my provisional visa to PR having the conditions satisfied with the SA govt and Diac, That is- saty in SA for two years and should have worked one year in any full time job. conjunction to that - I am aware that one year need not be in a single stretch but can be concurrent (splitted) but at the end it should count for one full year and all the that during the three years validity period.

Now I need to know is there any rule that job we undertak has to be the same throughout the year or it can be different for that one year time? That is- work in a restaurant for 3 months and community welfare for another 9 months- does this satisify the requirements?????? If i happned to do like that will I be eligible for a PR 887 visa???

someone enlighten me on the above please..

:wubclub:

Guest mistofmind

Sannie

I am on same visa and it has been just 15 days here. PR needs that you should have one year of work with 35 hours per week emploment and 2 years of stay anywhere in SA. i only have doubts what all is considered for proving that you stayed in SA for one year. Anyway , meantime apply your tax file no. Its easy . just follow this if you want:Permanent migrants or temporary visitors to Australia - online tax file number (TFN) application or enquiry

and open your bank account as early as possible coz for just arrived , the bank wil just ask for passport . otherwise its mess.

Hope it helps a bit . Btw you might have attended the seminar by department of trade . i will be attending that in a day or so.

Mist .....

Guest Sannie!

Hello Mist. how are you? :) Well, what you have said is what I was thinking until I met someone recently, He said ' the job has to be the same or atleast the roles and responsibilities has to be the same' throughout that one year work-period. Eg - If you are working as a bar-tender for 15 hrs in one restaurent and complementing another 20 hrs in another restaurent then it is fine.But it cannot be like working as a bar tender for 15 hrs and workng as theatre projectionist for another 20 hrs. Well, If you planning to attend the Information session- can you please confirm about this and let know about this here please.

I have my TFN number now and also opened abank account the very next day I was in Australia. thanks mate!!

well, regarding the proof of your stay -? you can show show - bonds, utility bills, bank statements that usually will have your address, anything and everything can be added. anyway, no worries!! that You would definitely be informed about this during your information session.

:)Good Luck!!

Hi Sannie.

We have been here for five months now and also on the 475 visa. The requirements are as long as you have worked for one year in total (35 hours or over), does not make any difference on how many jobs you have to complete the 35 hours and this can be spread over the three years and you live in South Australia for two years at least. You will be entitled to PR. To prove that you have been working they will ask for previous references from past employers and also look at your financial income through your tax file and wage slips.

I have asked my employer to sponsor me for PR (887), this involves no money for your employer to pay, he/she just fills a form in (1054) and send it away. For the visa holder (me) has to complete a different form (47ES), all family memebers have to have medicals done, police checks both UK and Australian ones and also pay $2520. If your medicals and police checks are less than a year old then you may get away withour having them done again.

I have another thread on here regarding gaining a PR Visa from a 475 visa.

Tony

Guest Sannie!

I have asked my employer to sponsor me for PR (887),

Tony

hello Tony, Thanks for your post. Now a new doubt!- When you have lived in SA for 2 years and out of that when you have worked one year in a full time job, you will be eligible for a PR (887) while, why do you want to ask your employer to sponser you for your PR? is it necessary to have someone to sponser us at the time WE apply for OUR PR???????????:shocked:

Because my employer can sponsor me now, this means that we do not have to go through the two years and one year work situation. We get PR in about 6 to 12 weeks time. the only condition is that I must stay with my current employer for two years. Unless the employer finishes you due to special circumstances. I have known people change employers within the two years though and still kep their PR Visa.

Guest mistofmind

Tony

That seems great if the employer sponsors the applicant just that you are bound with that employer and if somehow the job environment doesn't work then? The PR will be on hold?

Sannie

I asked the officer today and he told that there is no restriction what kind of work you do or how many jobs you change , just maintain all records and the tax papers and 35 hours a week record thrugh contract and pay slips.

mist...

Guest WhatNow?

....And to answer your other question about how you prove how long you have been in the country - it can be worked out from your passport stamps. You can do this yourself but officially it will come from the computer records of your exits and entries where any info you give online will be checked anyway.

Guest Sannie!
    Because my employer can sponsor me now, this means that we do not have to go through the two years and one year work situation. We get PR in about 6 to 12 weeks time. the only condition is that I must stay with my current employer for two years. Unless the employer finishes you due to special circumstances. I have known people change employers within the two years though and still kep their PR Visa.

Woww!! Quite a lot of options. Lucky you! Tony:wubclub:.Go ahead.Good luck.. Well, how much more needed to be spent for this process???

Guest michelle_s

Hi Tony,

I am a new to this forum and I have submitted my 475 application (sponsored by cousin) in Aug 09 (not engaging agent due to financial constraints) and still waiting for approval. I saw your previous reply in regards to sponsorship from your current employer. Could I ask what if one did not manage to get soponsorship from employer at all. Would converting from provisional to permanent be done 'automatically' by just submitting an application (with all required fees) without having to have an employer nominated? in a way, does it mean that one doesn't need to be employed at the time of submitting application?

the reason why I ask this is because i am the main applicant and I have a boy age 4 with me now. hope to spend more time with him when get there. will just try to work 1 year full time (min requirement) so that can take care of him at the same time thereafter.

And if I may also find out the following from you or any of forumer.... thanks.

Questions:

1) Are the employers in SA open with the idea of employing who are on temp visa?

2) I will be there with my husband and a 5 year old boy (hopefully visa is granted by then). Heard from an migration agent previously that SA government provide free education for children (except paying for some misc fees). Is that true?

3) How easy/difficult for a temp visa holder (475) to secure a housing loan or even car loan? Has any of 475 holder has manage to secure a loan, may be you could share your experience?

4) Is it advisable to buy a property there (FIRB approved) before migrating? Are we only restricted to buy appartment or we can buy landed as long as they are FIRB approved. and any recommendation of areas that I should consider in adelaide, taking consideration of finding a school for my child?

5) PCC - Is it compulsary for all applicants to submit PCC? both my husband and I have stayed in both UK and Malaysia for more than 12 months before. Could we request it now and send to DIAC?

6) Medical report - I have made a mistake by getting whole family to do medical report shortly after launching the application. May I know what is the validity of the medical report? do we have to re-do the medical checkout?

7) Lastly, am I allow to switch form 475 to 176 visa if my 12 months of work experience (out of 24 months) is not from the same job but both are in SOL previously? (9 months as librarian and 3 months as IT professional) shen I submitted the application? consulted 1 agent before and was told that I must work i n the same job for 12 month if I want to get state sponsorship. is that right?

Thanks so much to all of you in advance.

regards,

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

As long as I have worked for 35 hours or over for 12 months duration within the 3 years and lived in South Australia for at least two years then you can apply for PR, which you satill need to pay for medicals for all family members, have police checks both from the UK and Australia and also pay $2520 visa fees. Immigration can still refuse but unlikely if you meet their criteria. It should not make no difference if you are currently unemeployed at the time of your application, but then again it does not look good if you apply after being unemployed for the past year without a valid reason to it. Yes you should be ok if you have small children and still managed to only do 12 months work. Furthermore on our 475 State Sponsorship visa this applies to either my wife or I, even though I am the main sponsor. I think will stand for your husband as well, but you will need to check it up.

1. I have had 21 job offers in the last five months, it makes no difference if you are on a temp visa from my experience. You cannot apply for government jobs, you must have PR for them.

2. Education you have to pay for, each school charges different amounts, my step daughter aged 11 is at a state school and we only pay $135 for the year. Prices are varied and can be upto $450 for state schools $800+ for private.

3. Loans I doubt it, but we have managed to gain a really good cheap car loan via Toyota finance, we got a brand new Toyota Camry $20,000, we got adeal for $717 per month and over 30 months.

4. Dont worry about where to live till you get here you need to look around the area we live in - we had never heard of it until we got here. School is a school to me. i just got somewhere wehere it is near shops, transport and near our employment. On a temporary visa you have to provide at least 20% deposit, it is not possible to gain a mortgage but it is hard. more expensive to buy here than rental.

5. Regarding police checks they only last for 12 months - I would wait until your Case Officer requests it to be done or nearer the end the same for your medicals.

6. Yes you will have to do all your medicals again and again only lasts for 1 year, so do it at the very end, when Case Officer requests it.

7. Sorry cannot help you out with this question.

All the best Michelle and good luck. I thought sponsorhip visa were stopped until 2012 (just a rumour I heard)

Guest michelle_s

Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for the reply. It has cleared some doubts that I had so far.

I know the processing time will be delayed as long as more than 3 years from the date of application (see attachment below on reply from DIAC where my priority is in no. 6)

" If your application is in any of priority groups 5, 6 or 7 and you have

applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM

visa, it is unlikely that your application will be finalised within 3

years of the date of the application."

I am just being positive : > and hopefully things will change and we can be there in 2011! If still no improvement in the application, then may try to re-apply again for PR when i can meet the min criteria in work exp and my present occupation is in the 'CSL' list! Wasn't able to apply for PR visa directly previously as have carrer breaks in between and didn't know DIAC change their policy so frequently.

cheers,

michelle

Guest asian_mate

All the replies are very helpful and I really appreciate everyone's contribution.

I am also on 475 and here are some questions not sure if they have been answered before:

1. Am I eligible for social work or volunteering work? I see quite a few job listings here and there.

2. In order to apply for PR after 3 years, we must fulfill the 35 hours/week rule for at least 1 year, question is, must we get paid for these jobs? What if we work as volunteer?

3. Within the 3 years, what if we only manage 25 hours/week sometimes, and other times manage 35+ hours/week, how will this situation being evaluated?

Thanks in advance if you have any information to the above.

Cheers!

Guest Martin and Val
    Hi Michelle,

As long as I have worked for 35 hours or over for 12 months duration within the 3 years and lived in South Australia for at least two years then you can apply for PR, which you satill need to pay for medicals for all family members, have police checks both from the UK and Australia and also pay $2520 visa fees.

Hi Tony,

We are also here on a 475 and will be submitting our application for 887 toward the end of October after meeting the criteria of the 475 visa. (Work full time 12 months within SA and live in the state of SA for two years)

When you have your medicals back in the UK for the 475, they are full medicals, when you submit your application for 887 you will not need to have medicals again and as the 475 is a pathway to permanency you would have already paid almost all the fees and will only have to pay a small processing fee at time of application. We have a few friends that have just gone through this and this is how it happened. Another thing to note is on-line applications will go through the process quicker than paper based ones.

Maybe you are having to pay all this money as you are trying to gain PR early, it will be worth you checking and if you gain an 887 PR Visa you are not tied to an employer or the state of SA so maybe it isn't an 887 you are going for?

Cheers

Martin

Guest asian_mate
    All the replies are very helpful and I really appreciate everyone's contribution.

I am also on 475 and here are some questions not sure if they have been answered before:

1. Am I eligible for social work or volunteering work? I see quite a few job listings here and there.

2. In order to apply for PR after 3 years, we must fulfill the 35 hours/week rule for at least 1 year, question is, must we get paid for these jobs? What if we work as volunteer?

3. Within the 3 years, what if we only manage 25 hours/week sometimes, and other times manage 35+ hours/week, how will this situation being evaluated?

Cheers!

Hi beautiful people

Does anyone has answers to the above?

I am still wondering the criteria and conditions, hopefully someone can shed some lights.

Thanks again!

As long as I have worked for 35 hours or over for 12 months duration within the 3 years and lived in South Australia for at least two years then you can apply for PR, which you satill need to pay for medicals for all family members, have police checks both from the UK and Australia and also pay $2520 visa fees...

You cannot apply for government jobs, you must have PR for them...

6. Yes you will have to do all your medicals again and again only lasts for 1 year, so do it at the very end, when Case Officer requests it...

Regarding the first few lines, I was going to make similar points to Martin's response so I'll pass on that bit now.

Regarding needing PR for gov jobs, that's not always the case; 'government' covers a lot of ground and I know someone on a 495 who works in government.

Regarding medicals, applicants might get asked to do them again, but generally not.

This relates to changing to 887; different visas might well have different rules.

Jim

Guest Sannie!

Cheers!

1- yes you should most propably be eligible for most of the voluntairy work unless some requirements are specified. It works the same way as that of any kind of paid job, that is you may have to send your resumes, attend interviews and provide refreees.

2- yes, it has to be a paid full time job.

3- If you are paid for the entire 35hrs/week then they are counted otherwise the number of weeks you have worked for 35 hrs and more alone will be taken into the account. The number of such weeks has to add upto 54! by the time you apply for your PR.

Once you are here in australia an Information session will be held, organised to help the migrants and there guys will help you know such details.

Good luck!

Guest Sannie!
    Hi Tony,

We are also here on a 475 and will be submitting our application for 887 toward the end of October after meeting the criteria of the 475 visa. (Work full time 12 months within SA and live in the state of SA for two years)

When you have your medicals back in the UK for the 475, they are full medicals, when you submit your application for 887 you will not need to have medicals again and as the 475 is a pathway to permanency you would have already paid almost all the fees and will only have to pay a small processing fee at time of application. We have a few friends that have just gone through this and this is how it happened. Another thing to note is on-line applications will go through the process quicker than paper based ones.

Maybe you are having to pay all this money as you are trying to gain PR early, it will be worth you checking and if you gain an 887 PR Visa you are not tied to an employer or the state of SA so maybe it isn't an 887 you are going for?

Cheers

Martin

Well, do we need to appear for IELTS again:skeptical:? I need to warn you I am not from an english speaking nation:wubclub:.

Guest Diana

No!When you will apply for PR(887 visa)you do not have to do Ielts again.i was asking that question and got an email from DIAC,which says no need.Because you already been passed Ielts to come here on 475 visa.

Regarding the first few lines, I was going to make similar points to Martin's response so I'll pass on that bit now.

Regarding needing PR for gov jobs, that's not always the case; 'government' covers a lot of ground and I know someone on a 495 who works in government.

Jim

My eldest son works for The Premiers Office and we are on a 475 visa, so you don't need PR in some cases. I do know that you need PR to become a police officer however as my youngest wants to join up.

Howard.

Guest apedamak

Hi All

This my first time to be here, so I would like to say hello to everyone here.

I applied online yesterday for 887 visa, however after I hit the (Submit Application) button it all what I got is blank white page, when I tried to go back to my saved application which I prepared few days before it says I can not login as the application has been lodged. Is that normal that when you click submit application you don't get your TRN and reciept of your feees payment? so that one can go and attach the supporting documents. Please can someone advise on this.

Guest Sannie!

Hi apdamak - sory I cannot help you with your Q as I have'nt experienced such situation yet. Hope someone would help you out with an answer soon.

By the way I have a question for myself- Being in 475 did anybody go for a medical insurance? How much did it cost you ?? can somebody suggest me a good and a cheaper one and also the company to go with!?