Rob and Mel

Swimming pool rules

After a trip to the pool and spa show today we have been trying to find out the rules of where you can not put a pool?

Like how close to the house and boundary...etc

I have searched the net for the answers but i am now fed up and thought someone on here must of had a pool fitted and knows where to find the rules.

So can anyone help?

If its easier you can send me a PM with a web address or any better info.

Thanks in advance Rob and Mel

Guest timstoolbox

Tried to have a look at www.onkaparingacity.com but internet had a dummy spit. I assume you are doing this in Aberfoyle Park?

Give them a buzz on 8384 0666 to get you started. You will need to approach them with a site plan, including location of proposed pool and pool fences (refer to their brochure), location of neighbours house, fencelines and significant trees. There's lots of rules, they are normally very helpful down there.

Hope that helps.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

from what I remember 1 mtr from boundary and house 3 mtr from an easement. hope that helps

Guest timstoolbox

My wife and I both need a hairdresser!!

Do you come to us or do we come to you?

My wife and I both need a hairdresser!!

Do you come to us or do we come to you?

You might of missed the point of this thread but its about the rules on fitting a pool...

Nothing to do with hair cuts.....

Send Sarah a private message, if thats what you need.

Thanks Rob

Guest Outlaw 2.0
    After a trip to the pool and spa show today we have been trying to find out the rules of where you can not put a pool?

Like how close to the house and boundary...etc

I have searched the net for the answers but i am now fed up and thought someone on here must of had a pool fitted and knows where to find the rules.

So can anyone help?

If its easier you can send me a PM with a web address or any better info.

Thanks in advance Rob and Mel

In the City of Onkaparinga it is usually the depth of the pool is the distance from the house (I have friends up there that got a pool in Feb). as for the boundary fences it is usually 1.2m. It is 3m from an easement but I doubt you would have one up your way.

If you are looking for a company to come out and show you what you can and can't do we got Statewide Pools from Salisbury (as that is near my work) to come and show us where we could our pool at no charge. The man that came out was fantastic and explained everything however we decided not to get a pool until next summer.