Mega fish,personal best!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Had a trip out on the boat today,accompanied by the two fine blokes ,Coolerking and Thunder road.We had a good look around in early choppy conditions with not much luck,apart from a few nice Squid and Cuttlefish that spat ink all over the boat - and Thunder road!

Oh - and the rock that managed to get free from Cooler:biglaugh:

We went to a spot I often call at about 7 k's out on the off chance of a few pan sized Snapper of Whiting.

We were sat on the spot for a while with no real bites when Thunder road exclaimed "look at your rod!!'

Blimey - the rod was bent in half and peeling off line like I've not seen before.

At first I'd no idea what it was and suspected a shark - I'm telling the guys we will have to be ready to kill it as soon as it lands.

It took ten minutes of nerve wracking care with the drag,letting it peel off,tire the fish and then making some headway upwards.

Thunder road held the catch net out as soon as we saw the colour , we still thought it was a Shark at this time.

Soon as it surfaced I realised I probably had my personal best Snapper.

Thunder road could only fit the Snappers head in the net so quick thinking Cooler grabbed it's tail, no way were we losing this legend of a fish.

I can't explain the adrenaline rush as the Snapper landed on the deck, I was exhausted.

Well - 28lb's of mean Snapper sat there, beating my previous personal best by 8lbs.

It could be a record for a Snapper caught here in the Gulf for Winter.

Not going to give out the location to anyone as there would be 30 boats on the spot tomorrow.

Thank you so much to Cooler & Thunder, great company,good laughs and thanks for the help dragging him in.

That was a legendary day!

The prize........

28lb0507102.jpg

Look at that rod bend!

28lb0507103.jpg

I think we might need a bigger esky,no hiding this!

28lb0507105.jpg

Guest guest4829

Tyke,

That truly was an amazing fish!! - I can't wait to meet up once we're settled a bit more! - I've got my fishing gear arriving at the end of the month on the container and after that I'll buy you a few beers and see if I can get that fishing spot out of you!!!

Daniel

Guest Guest75
What a way to spend a day ! I had a great time, some good laughs and one amazing fish !!!

Thanks Tyke and Coolerking.

Oh Tyke, I managed to get a photo of Cooler's catch before it swam off his line:biglaugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
Good stuff Tyke, I do hope you made sure your secret fishing place remains a secret:)

On my local fishing forum I reckon a few have roughly worked out where the spot is already. I did not blank out the skyline so they will get close.:arghh:

Guest Guest75
Tyke,

That truly was an amazing fish!! - I can't wait to meet up once we're settled a bit more! - I've got my fishing gear arriving at the end of the month on the container and after that I'll buy you a few beers and see if I can get that fishing spot out of you!!!

Daniel

I must admit that this spot only normally produces the biggies in the run up to Christmas but I just kept going back to this spot - now I know why:)

Guest cornish Busdriver

Tyke you jammy git.

I bloody knew i should have took the day off work and come out with you on monday lol lol lol.

Bloody fantastic Snapper, im still to catch one.

Guest Guest75
Nice one Mr Tyke! Brings back memories of the one that got away when we went Snapper hunting!! Great photos!

We got him this time mate - and no one else touched my rod so it is officially mine ;)

Shame you lost that biggie - it was legendary

What a way to spend a day ! I had a great time, some good laughs and one amazing fish !!!

Thanks Tyke and Coolerking.

Oh Tyke, I managed to get a photo of Cooler's catch before it swam off his line:biglaugh:

Hey, stop giving me stick you two - how's the squid ink:biglaugh:

Cooler