Info for Hallett Cove R12 please!

The Hallidays

i also have two girls 12 & 8 , we r in the process of applying , just need to ask abt activities , do they have a lot of activities , sports , etc

second question abt bullying , do they give new kids hard time ?

Hi there,

We get involved with the Little Athletics program that is run on the school grounds, this is open to anyone, not just children attending the school, and Charlie plays soccer with the local team. Think they play alot of school sport in the higher years but mine aren't there yet so don't really know.

As for your second question - our eldest had a horrible time with bullies in the UK, so this was our biggest worry. Have to say, both my children were welcomed from day one and Ellie-may is like a different child. Her confidence is soaring so can't tell you how relieved we are. I am sure some difficuties, and mine are quite young still so I think fitting in is a bit easier, as friend groups are still pretty fluid - but I can only comment on our experience.

We have no regrets so far about them being in the school - happy children make happy parents!

As a side note, they also have a really great OSHC service - mine love to go, particulaury in the holidays when they get to on on great days out.

Hope all goes well for you.

Julie:)

And whats the issue with Northern UK one?

HG

And HG, do you know where I originate from? Or what my accent is? Maybe I have a northern accent and am proud of it?

Now, can either, or both, explain what is wrong in what I posted, in here or a previous post?

I thought not!!!!

Just asking a question that alot of people maybe also would want to know the answer to but to scared of what reply they may get back thats all !!!!

HG

Ok boys, take it behind the bike sheds will you, and leave this thread for answers to the OP's question!

Only heard good things about HC school from everyone I have spoken to with kids there. My comment about the accent was not meant offensively (sorry if it was taken that way) - just pointing out that it might not feel "foreign" and "scary" to new pommie arrivals! IMHO that's a good thing!

Ok boys, take it behind the bike sheds will you, and leave this thread for answers to the OP's question!

Only heard good things about HC school from everyone I have spoken to with kids there. My comment about the accent was not meant offensively (sorry if it was taken that way) - just pointing out that it might not feel "foreign" and "scary" to new pommie arrivals! IMHO that's a good thing!

when i first got here i was scared to speak in public in case someone said"FFS not another bloody pom"...but the opposite happened ..aussies love my accent (or rather the english accent) they also like to tell you what rellies they have that are english..all good...

Guest Scrappin' Julie
i also have two girls 12 & 8 , we r in the process of applying , just need to ask abt activities , do they have a lot of activities , sports , etc

second question abt bullying , do they give new kids hard time ?

Hi AdelaideinJuly :) My kids have been at the school for 4 weeks now - there are lots of sporting opportunites and clubs for them, also external dance fitness classes run at the school too. Your second question about bullying from being a "newbie"...the frequency of new children arriving at the school is such a common occurrance that they are all accepted with open arms. The teachers ensure that your children have buddies to show them the ropes and play at recess and lunch until they establish their own friendships. My 3 kids have made friends, both English and Aussie and at far more settled here in Hallett Cove than our previous location in Seaford Rise. Couldn't tell you why though as I loved SR, their schools and I had plenty of Aussie friends and English down that way too!!! Good luck! :D

Guest Scrappin' Julie
when i first got here i was scared to speak in public in case someone said"FFS not another bloody pom"...but the opposite happened ..aussies love my accent (or rather the english accent) they also like to tell you what rellies they have that are english..all good...

Totally agree with you there! I felt the same and try to use the lingo...

Parsta instead of pasta

Yowgurt instead of yogurt

Neck lace - necklace (said in 2 separate words!)

Leash instead of Lead

I am finding it easier to do the "When in Rome" thing - however my English mates all take the rip big time! :biglaugh:

As a mother of a child who has been attending HCS for over two years, I have to say it is a lovely place to be - friendly, accommodating to kids with special needs or learning difficulties and supportive all round. There are a fair few English accents to be heard but I would say more Aussie ones, in my experience.

My understanding is that HCS has or is creating a migrant programme/support network for kids from the UK too.

And yes backpacks come in all shapes, sizes and colours! However school uniform is highly regarded and children are expected to have the correct items etc.

:)

Answers in bold

% of people born in UK living in HC 13% from UK in last census.

7% where I live

13% Elizabeth, which is also known as an English place, although most there are older immigrants, so that % is going down.

S Australia 7%

So yes, the facts are, its full of Brits.

So ...13% is full is it................Im glad i dont drink your 'full ' pints...:)............and thats a FACT!!!

FFS HC has statistically a very high % of UK ex pats - you pedant.

Your post deserved a ridiculous response. Why are you in denial?

How can you suggest im in denial.......you dont know me.

I think youve got the art form in ridiculous responses and as for calling me a pedant, i believe that honour is well and trult yours , but thanks for trying to bestow it on me.

ped·ant

   /ˈpɛdthinsp.pngnt/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled[ped-nt] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA

–noun 1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning.

2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details.

3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.

Ill leave you to have the last word..........because you know you have too.