Diane

Veggie boxes

When I was back in the Old Country, some of the local fruit and veg growers had started to do a Food Box thing, where each week/month you got a box of in season fruit and veg delivered to you, direct from the producers, thus cutting out the middle man, ensuring great fresh produce, and giving you a bit of a challenge of maybe trying stuff you wouldn't normally.

Anyway, just found out about a group doing something similar here in Adelaide, and noticed they're looking for more customers in Hallett Cove, amongst other places, so thought someone might be interested...

Here's the link: Food Connect Adelaide

Look under About Us under Products and Prices for what they have on offer and City Cousins for places for you to pick up your box from.

Guest willfam

Food connect are on facebook so you can follow them on there if you like too. I am pretty sure that they provide mainly organic or at least low spray / chemical produce. And as you say it is all farm fresh...no middle men. They do boxes of different sizes to suit your needs and have swap boxes at each collection spot. I have been meaning to give it a go for a while so it would be good to get other peoples opinons.

When I was back in the Old Country, some of the local fruit and veg growers had started to do a Food Box thing, where each week/month you got a box of in season fruit and veg delivered to you, direct from the producers, thus cutting out the middle man, ensuring great fresh produce, and giving you a bit of a challenge of maybe trying stuff you wouldn't normally.

Anyway, just found out about a group doing something similar here in Adelaide, and noticed they're looking for more customers in Hallett Cove, amongst other places, so thought someone might be interested...

Here's the link: Food Connect Adelaide

Look under About Us under Products and Prices for what they have on offer and City Cousins for places for you to pick up your box from.

I thought Hallet Cove people only buy imported UK food, like Haggis, mushy peas etc? they don't embrace the Adelaide fresh stuff.....