Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rich&Susie

SA offering auto consideration for SS under SMP for applications in progress

Guest Rich&Susie

Hi,

Received this email this morning from SA. Looks like if you have a SS application in progress with them already, if you contact them by 23/07 you can request auto consideration under the new rules when the SMP comes out without having to reapply. This is our 1st bit of decent news for a while!:)

Reply to: gsm.sa@sa.gov.au

Dear xxxxxxxxx Reference Number: xxxxxx

Re: Your current application for State Sponsorship – SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Immigration SA would like to thank you for your application for Sponsorship and the supporting documents which have been received and are awaiting processing. As you are aware South Australia, as are the other States/Territories, is developing our State Migration Plans, integral to which will be the List of Occupations for State Sponsorships.

While we are in the process of finalising the State Migration Plan and the List of Occupations for State Sponsorships, we would like to give you the opportunity to apply for State Sponsorship without submitting a new application.

If you wish your current Sponsorship Application to be automatically considered for State Sponsorship under the new State Migration Plan when this is implemented, you are required to advise Immigration SA by meeting the following guidelines:

• Send an email to gsm.sa@sa.gov.au before 23/07/2010
    • Indicate in the Subject line: CSS-SMP-SA
    • State your Given and Family Name (as it appeared in the application form)
    • Include the Immigration SA 6-digit reference number
    • This email must be sent from the email address that was provided to Immigration SA in the applicant’s original online application
    • Requests by fax or phone or any other method other than email will not be considered
    • Any responses to this email received after the date indicated above, will not be considered
    • Note that to obtain an approval, your current application must include a Nominated Occupation that is on the new List AND you meet all the criteria under the State Migration Plan
    • Once a decision has been made on your current application, you will be advised via email, you can also track the progress of your application through the Online Client Tracking System
    • Only complete applications received will be considered under the State Migration Plan. All applications received “Incomplete” have been destroyed and will not be considered.
    • You can check the status of your application through the Online Client Tracking System.

Immigration SA will commence taking new applications for State Sponsorship when the State Migration plan is implemented. Information about the plan and the sponsorship eligibility list and any new criteria will be available on the Immigration SA website www.migration.sa.gov.au when they are finalised. There is no date set for the release of the State Migration Plan but it is not likely to occur before August 2010.

Do not contact Immigration SA but monitor our website at www.migration.sa.gov.au – for the release of the State Migration Plan and the List of Occupations for Sponsorship for the next Program Year. Any amendments to the criteria, process and processing times will also be published when the State Migration Plan is released and all applicants must meet any new requirements.

Manager – General Skilled Migration

Immigration South Australia

DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT

All the best

Susie and Rich

Guest guest3462

Hi we recieved ours today too!! From what I gather from the dept of immi ( I had a conversation wth them yesterday) I think they are inviting all people who ft the new criteria to continue on with the old application and everyone who doesn't will be asked to reapply when the new plan is initiated. She told me we should be good to go for 176 application in the next few weeks!!!! But saying that this email was gratefully recieved as you never know who or what to believe until the visa is firmly stamped in your passport eh???? She also told me tha it would limey be September when the an is due to start - fingers crossed we'll be state sponsored and well on our way to our pr visa by then!! Fingers crossed for everyone in our boat and good luck!

Julia x

Guest kangomik

I wonder if this is the start of the handbrake comming off?

Hope so could do with a bit of confidence back in Aussie business

Guest r_1159

I received the same email today I had applied on 06 May 10 and complete set received to SA by 11 May 10. I am a civil engineer and I think my occupation is in their list

But something worries me

Take look at this condition

Note that to obtain an approval, your current application must include a Nominated Occupation that is on the new List AND you meet all the criteria under the State Migration Plan

It says "AND you meet all the criteria under the State Migration Plan"

Then what are the criteria?

I am worried they might add some devastating condition and destroy all our dreams

What do u think ?

please advice

Regards

Guest Rich&Susie

yep, i had spotted that, but I guess we won't know what the new critera is until they announce it, but at least we know that they aren't going to make everyone reapply which was an unknown till they sent this. I wont even hazard a guess at what the new critera may be, as it could be anything! I will just hope sanity prevails and they don't give us too many more hurdles to overcome! :o)