Guest Roo1

I've missed out on Citizenship! :(

Guest Roo1

Last week I nipped into Immi on Curry St and picked up my booklet to have a good read, ready to sit my test.

Confident in my knowledge, I phoned Immi today to arrange an appointment and was told that I will have to wait another year before I can apply!!!!

I have missed out by 1 week!!! Arghhhhh

The new rule about being here 4 years before sitting the test, gave people like myself (who have been here 3 years and when entered the country the law was only 2 years before you could take it) a grace period until June 30th 2010 to take the test.

I'm pretty gutted as Ian has done his and I wanted to go to the ceremony as a family.

Oh well, should have done it sooner!!!!:arghh:

Judi x

Guest Roo1

Thanks guys, may not be a citizen just yet but I've got drinking a Sparkling Shiraz down to a fine art. May just have to pour another one to drown my sorrows.......;)

J x

Thanks guys, may not be a citizen just yet but I've got drinking a Sparkling Shiraz down to a fine art. May just have to pour another one to drown my sorrows.......;)

J x

Hey - We'll help you drown your sorrows on Saturday!!!!:jiggy:

Mel

xx

Guest Sachertorte

I feel your pain! :( You will get it in the end, that's for sure!

Sx

Guest joolz
    Last week I nipped into Immi on Curry St and picked up my booklet to have a good read, ready to sit my test.

Confident in my knowledge, I phoned Immi today to arrange an appointment and was told that I will have to wait another year before I can apply!!!!

I have missed out by 1 week!!! Arghhhhh

The new rule about being here 4 years before sitting the test, gave people like myself (who have been here 3 years and when entered the country the law was only 2 years before you could take it) a grace period until June 30th 2010 to take the test.

I'm pretty gutted as Ian has done his and I wanted to go to the ceremony as a family.

Oh well, should have done it sooner!!!!:arghh:

Judi x[/quote

What a shame...you were only talking about that last week!!! Awww gives you a year to swat up lol...no excuse in not passing Judi!!!!

I'v been here 13 years and still not got it don't think it make much difference wither you have it or not

Guest ctomo808

Hiya Judi,

Thats crap - one week........ scandelous!!! haha, like the other lady said, we will all be able celebrate with you next year!!!

Keep studying, keep smiling

Candia xxxx