Scousemouse

Ned Kelly had a hideout!

Sheesh!

today I went to the post office; sending stuff back for my impending grandchild...............

A box weighing 3.7kg to the UK........$106..........more than the contents of the box. Damn rip off.total contents cost about $120........so well p'd off with that.

My advice is to internet shop.

At least the likes of Ned had the courtesy to hideout for daylight robbery!

Even Dick Turpin wore a mask, my postie had the cheek to smile when he told me the price...............:arghh:

yes i know what u mean.I sent a little canvas my daughter did to both grandparents cost $8 each from fundraising at kinde~ so light,really! $20 per picture ffs!! I know now i should of sent them surface mail as there was no urgency but feel robbed!

Well, my best friend in the UK sent me over a whole "decorate your house and family for the World Cup" kit - flags, horns, bunting, hats, the lot. Cost her an absolute fortune to post to me and how long did I get use out of it??!!!

Guest WhatNow?

DHL is usually a lot cheaper than normal post for parcels - you buy the appropriate size packaging and there is a weight limit you can fit in it that is usually a lot more than you need. Also generally a lot quicker than sending a parcel via normal mail. We use them to send packs of brochures to the UK (i.e. pretty heavy parcels) DHL | International Services | English

That is akot of money but lets not forget it is going round to the other side of the world...my mum sent us some stuff a while ago fronm the UK and she commented on how expensive it was to send stuff this way................

So it looks like its the same both ways....swings and roundabouts

But i do think its cheaper to use a courier than send it by the normal postal routes.

We do alot of internet shopping for birthdays etc etc....pay online and they delier it....tooeasy...

HG

we sent loads back and its cost a fortune worse one was xmas, as i sent every1's in one huge parcel

and it was rediculous price, but seeing as it was our first xmas I wanted to send something I'd bought and wrapped myself, this year will definately be internet shopping for sure...!!

For Christmas, make sure you send by Sea Mail and get it off in August. Saves a little bit of money.