Ned Kelly had a hideout!

Scousemouse

Sheesh!

today I went to the post office; sending stuff back for my impending grandchild...............

A box weighing 3.7kg to the UK........$106..........more than the contents of the box. Damn rip off.total contents cost about $120........so well p'd off with that.

My advice is to internet shop.

At least the likes of Ned had the courtesy to hideout for daylight robbery!

Even Dick Turpin wore a mask, my postie had the cheek to smile when he told me the price...............:arghh:

yes i know what u mean.I sent a little canvas my daughter did to both grandparents cost $8 each from fundraising at kinde~ so light,really! $20 per picture ffs!! I know now i should of sent them surface mail as there was no urgency but feel robbed!

Guest WhatNow?

DHL is usually a lot cheaper than normal post for parcels - you buy the appropriate size packaging and there is a weight limit you can fit in it that is usually a lot more than you need. Also generally a lot quicker than sending a parcel via normal mail. We use them to send packs of brochures to the UK (i.e. pretty heavy parcels) DHL | International Services | English

That is akot of money but lets not forget it is going round to the other side of the world...my mum sent us some stuff a while ago fronm the UK and she commented on how expensive it was to send stuff this way................

So it looks like its the same both ways....swings and roundabouts

But i do think its cheaper to use a courier than send it by the normal postal routes.

We do alot of internet shopping for birthdays etc etc....pay online and they delier it....tooeasy...

HG