Guest aogly1964@tiscali.co.uk

just moved

hi my family and i have just moved to adelaide,we arrived tw weeks ago which has been quite stressful!.we have finally settled in seacliff.my wife sue works at the women&childrens hospital and my children thomas (7) charlotte(5) go to seacliff primary.we are finding it very strange along way from home away from family &freinds,and have not met any new people yet.we would love to get together with other familys and children of a simmilar age group.i was a retail manager for marks &spencer in manchester but we are originally from sunny south yorkshire!!.my wife is very homesick at the moement so we would love to get together with some folk! .our contact details are andrew@sue ogley tel 8358 1382 (home) 04331 75564 (mobile) email address-andrewandsueogley@bigpond.com. look forward to your replys-andrew,sue,thomas&charlotte

Good luck yo you all on your adventure.

You will do fine and meet and make loads of new friends.

I wouldnt have given out my details openly, you never know who is trawling for personal info. But that just suspicious me maybe.

Your children will get you direction on friends through the PTA and maybe a babysitting circle !

I wish I was with you.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi guys and welcome to Adelaide

I am planning a trip this thursday to Belair National Park from about 10am onwards as it is school holidays, would that be of interest? There are plenty of families coming - have a look at the thread and see if you can make it.

If not, then perhaps send us a PM and we can arrange to meet up some other time.

Regs

Sas

hi sas thank-you for your quick responce,would love to go to belair but with sue working she has the car so i am stuck at home with the kids.cheers andrew.

Hi Guys

We are arriving on the 31st October (from a not so sunny Doncaster). I am a nurse and a midwife (I trained around Manchester/Oldham/Rochdale). Our children are sort of a a similar ages to yours - well our eldest is 5. I have a friend who works at the Womens and Childrens - she keeps telling me that she will get me a job there - I haven't even got registration sorted out yet! My hubby is a nurse - he has a job at Wakefield Hospital on the ICU. Pencil us in for a get together when we arrive as I am sure that we will feel exactly the same. Three and a half weeks and counting!

See you soon

Lindsey:jiggy:

hi ya english people.....

ive just joined this site about 20mins ago well i will be coming to adelaide either this side of christmas or early next year with my partner and two girls one is 4yrs and the other 4 months so i hope to be making new friends we could bump into each other one day while at the beach at glenelg. we are so excited but moving to oz, really had enough of living and working as a mechanic in london..i get to depressed watching programmes about property in australia

well hope all is well down under and g-day mate

alex

hi lindsay hope the journey goes smoothly for you all.we flew with singapore airlines they were brill with kids.which part of donny do you live then?.do get in touch when you arrive and come and have a bite to eat with us.if you need any info about adelaide please get in touch.were are you staying when you get here?.all the best for your journey.andrew,sue,thomas@charlotte

hi alex look forward to meetin you all,you will be coming in the summer then very warm eh!!.if you need any help get in touch.regards andrew,sue,thomas@charlotte.

hi lindsay sue is a neonatal nurse at the w&c hospital,who is the person you know at the w&c?.sue used to work at dri and my brother does now(porter supervisor)ian ogley you may av come across him.cheers andrew

Guest dglamoore
    hi my family and i have just moved to adelaide,we arrived tw weeks ago which has been quite stressful!.we have finally settled in seacliff.my wife sue works at the women&childrens hospital and my children thomas (7) charlotte(5) go to seacliff primary.we are finding it very strange along way from home away from family &freinds,and have not met any new people yet.we would love to get together with other familys and children of a simmilar age group.i was a retail manager for marks &spencer in manchester but we are originally from sunny south yorkshire!!.my wife is very homesick at the moement so we would love to get together with some folk! .our contact details are andrew@sue ogley tel 8358 1382 (home) 04331 75564 (mobile) email address-andrewandsueogley@bigpond.com. look forward to your replys-andrew,sue,thomas&charlotte

Hiya

Friends do make a massive difference to life here and once you have a circle around you it will feel more homely. Don't live too far from you and our little girl is 5 so will give you a call to get together over the holidays. PM me if you would like my number :wubclub:

Lisa:cute:

Guest dglamoore
    hi ya english people.....

ive just joined this site about 20mins ago well i will be coming to adelaide either this side of christmas or early next year with my partner and two girls one is 4yrs and the other 4 months so i hope to be making new friends we could bump into each other one day while at the beach at glenelg. we are so excited but moving to oz, really had enough of living and working as a mechanic in london..i get to depressed watching programmes about property in australia

well hope all is well down under and g-day mate

alex

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum :wubclub: Your last few months will fly past and you will be here before you know it. Make the most of time with family and friends while still in uk and look forward to making new friends when you get here. Our daughter is 5 so give us a shout when you get here and we can meet up.

Lisa:v_SPIN:

hi lisa thanks for that sounds good sue would like that,please get in touch.cheers andrew@sue

Hi there

We live in Bessacarr - although neither of us work at the DRI - We both work at PInderfields. Andy my hubby originates from Doncaster - Cantley and says that your surname is really familiar. The person who I know at the W & C is called Renee (shes a midwife there - look out for her shes really nice - shes been in Adealaide about a year now). Look forward to meeting you (you never know you might even know each other!)

Lindsey

hi guys thanks for the reply very cold here today.although on tuesday it was 31 degrees.my dad still lives in kirk sandall,i went to hungerhill comp,i have an aunt in a nursing home on bawtry rd (dunniwood lodge) youv probably heard of it.whats the weather like in donny at the moement?.we have been told that the temperature can reach 40+.

Hi surprise surprise its cold! Andy went to Wilby Carr so doesn't know you from school! We live not far from Dunniwood Lodge in fact if you straight from our back door would probably end up at the back of Dunniwood! I can and cant wait for the next few weeks to pass as I am dreading the goodbyes - but have been living with my Mother in Law for 4 weeks now and am starting to desperately need my own space!

Lindsey