Guest katsmajic

Soups

Guest katsmajic

I love making soups....

My fav of all is Brocoli & Stilton with a walnut cream quinelle.

Again i cook in bulk (4 kids etc and at work)

Easiest method for a gluten free one is

a few heads of brocoli chopped up, into a pan of salted boiling water that also has some vege stock in (suitable cubes will do).i really finely dice an onion or small leek and throw that in too.

you could just use brocoli stalks if you wanted to use the florets for something else - the soup will just be a brighter green colour if you use the florets.

Once its all looking quite mushy i whizzy it (with a stick blender) season it quite heavily, i like mine with a peppery bite.

Crumble up some blue cheese - dont say YUK as the strong flavour of blue cheese really adds depth to this soup and isnt over powering at all....

Add the cheese crumbles, keep stirring, add a splash of cream if you want. I add fresh chopped herbs at this point - but you can use dried, just add them sooner.

Taste and season accordingly - let the soup cook out for about an hour ++

Cream = smash up some walnuts, whisk your cream, stick blender is ok but dont over beat/whisk it, add the nuts just before you finish whipping the cream.

Leave for an hour or so for the nutty flavour to develop into the cream.

When your ready to eat - put the soup in your bowl - scoop a spoonful of cream and using 2 spoons paddle/shape the cream into an egg type size/shape.

Place it ontop of your soup and serve......

That sounds yummy! I always throw the broccoli stalks away, but now I'll keep them and know what to do with them! Thanks.

Guest tooeasy

i like heinz big and chunky soup beef satay with vegtables

open can pour slowly into saucepan bring to boil then simmer for 5 mins and its ready to serve yummy yummy;)

i like heinz big and chunky soup beef satay with vegtables

open can pour slowly into saucepan bring to boil then simmer for 5 mins and its ready to serve yummy yummy;)

You Beauty...........:):biglaugh::notworthy:

Guest smit

I used to do a creamy Broccolli soup.........it was everyones fave!!!!

Roast Tomato n Garlic soup.

Roast a large number of really ripe tomatoes(most fruit n veg shops have a boxlabelled cooking tomatoes somewhere) in oven with a lot of garlic cloves., Blend together when cooked. Add to Vege stock and season to taste. If a bit sour add a pinch of brown sugar until it tastes right. Serve with crusty bread n real butter.

Roast Tomato n Garlic soup.

Roast a large number of really ripe tomatoes(most fruit n veg shops have a boxlabelled cooking tomatoes somewhere) in oven with a lot of garlic cloves., Blend together when cooked. Add to Vege stock and season to taste. If a bit sour add a pinch of brown sugar until it tastes right. Serve with crusty bread n real butter.

That sounds yum - how do you reckon it would taste with a can of chickpeas added in?

this is a weight watchers recipe but tastes great also quick and easy to make..

Serves 4

1 large onion

600g butternut pumpkin

2 large carrots

2 garlic cloves

2tsp curry powder

1tsp cumin powder

1tsp grated ginger

1litre veg stock

16 med prawns

fresh coriander to serve

spray pan with oil cook onions for 5 mins add pumpkin and carrots cook for 5mins add garlic, curry powder, cumin and ginger cook for 2mins

add stock simmer for 20mins then blitz with hand blitzer thingie...

spray oil frying pan cook prawns for 3mins..

top soup with prawns and coriander.

yum yum and hardly any fat (2 points on weight watchers if anyones on the diet lol)

Enjoy

Jo

Guest rachinadelaide

This is definitely NOT a WeightWatchers recipe!!!! Lots of cream and cheese hence it is delicious...

1. Fry onion and garlic together.

2. Get a heap of seasonal green veggies (can use frozen too). I use broccoli, leeks, broad beans, long beans, peas, cauliflower (not strictly green but it works for me), lots of celery, brussels, spinach etc prepare them and spit into 2 portions. One portion will be cooked until mushy forming the soupy base the other portion will be added nearer the end so they stay a bit crunchy.

3. Add one portion of veggies to the onion mix, add stock (to approx 4cm below top of veggies) simmer until veggies are tender and starting to break up.

4. Add the rest of the veggies and simmer until they are cooked to your liking.

5. Stir in pesto, parmesan, fresh basil and cream to taste.

6. Eat, then jog for 10kms to work it off!!

This freezes really well too.

Happy eating!

Guest cbeeb

minestrone- Any veg you have in fridge seasonal, can then add either tin of tomatoes and stock simmer ,add can of borlotti beans(if use dried bean mix add before tomato. simmer to all soft a bit of small pasta9or spaghetti broken small. Can do without tomatoes. add any italian herbs. complete hit in my house. serve with garlic bread and it is dinner