spanners

Chicken salt

I've been here for 3 weeks and at the weekend went to a fish and chip shop in Victor Harbour. I was offered salt or chicken salt on my chips. What is chicken salt and is it as disgusting as it sounds?

I've been here for 3 weeks and at the weekend went to a fish and chip shop in Victor Harbour. I was offered salt or chicken salt on my chips. What is chicken salt and is it as disgusting as it sounds?

I like it. Just try some is the best answer I can give. If you are vegetarian don't try it, although some chicken salts have as much chicken ingredients in them as chicken flavour chips (crisps!!!)

Guest kangomik

3 weeks, aww you will have lots of new things to try. Make the most of it you may love it.

Don't forget you have to ask for vinegar, and put up with the funny looks.

Guest Scrappin' Julie

I will be taking chicken salt back to the UK as gifts when I return...it's the ONLY way to eat hot chips!

Guest verulam

went to the very same chippie in victor harbor last month..yummmm....you MUST try chicken salt. i brought some back to the UK with me when we returned and often buy it from australian foodshops here unless i can persuade rhe rellies in adelaide to send me some more!

Guest moonraker1959

I agree with the other posters,give it a whirl!I was back in Adelaide last year and had cravings for chicken salt!We went for a drive to Mannum one day and got some chips for lunch.They took forever to cook,but it was well worth it!Its definately something the chippies should supply here(uk).

We use chicken salt at home, its lovely. If you like the taste of KFC chips then you will probably like it as it tastes very similar.

You could make your own though not sure where you'd get the last ingredient, yuk!

Salt, dairy solids, rice flour, hydrolysed vegetable protein (soy and corn), wheat starch, yeast extract, chicken fat, sugar, vegetable powders, hydrolysed corn/wheat/soy protein, corn syrup, monosodium gluramate (E0621), herbs spices and/or extracts, tricalcium phosphate (E341iii), Vegetable oil - soy bean (refined), disodium isonate (E0631), disodium guanylate (E0627), benzyl alcohol, butylated hydr anisole (E0320), Citric Acid (E0330)also whale sperm

Guest Scrappin' Julie
    You could make your own though not sure where you'd get the last ingredient, yuk!

Salt, dairy solids, rice flour, hydrolysed vegetable protein (soy and corn), wheat starch, yeast extract, chicken fat, sugar, vegetable powders, hydrolysed corn/wheat/soy protein, corn syrup, monosodium gluramate (E0621), herbs spices and/or extracts, tricalcium phosphate (E341iii), Vegetable oil - soy bean (refined), disodium isonate (E0631), disodium guanylate (E0627), benzyl alcohol, butylated hydr anisole (E0320), Citric Acid (E0330)also whale sperm

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ewww, having read that list of ingredients I'm really glad I always decline the fowl (:)) stuff!

Not sure where you buy yours from but you might want to buy another brand!!!:biglaugh: