Guest jax

Need advice re Parent visas

Guest jax

Hi All, its been a long time since I was last on this site. We are hoping to be in a position to move over to Adelaide in the next few months (fingers crossed before winter sets in!) We have a problem with my father in law. He wants to come over with us. He is 78 years old and we are his only close family. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do to get him in? I would be grateful for any advice or pointers in the right direction! I seem to be coming up against a brick wall with it all!:unsure:

Guest WhatNow?

There are a number of posts already on the site about parent visas, most recently 'MIL migrating'. I suggest you read that one through and then ask any supplementary question then do a search using the toolbar for similar posts. One factor is that you have to be PR for 2 years before you can sponsor under parental visa, which is the obvious and most secure way. You will see, however, that it is not a simple question.

There are a number of posts already on the site about parent visas, most recently 'MIL migrating'. I suggest you read that one through and then ask any supplementary question then do a search using the toolbar for similar posts. One factor is that you have to be PR for 2 years before you can sponsor under parental visa, which is the obvious and most secure way. You will see, however, that it is not a simple question.

It used to be that you only had to be established and two years PR was more a guideline. So you could be here for a year with a job and that can be acceptable.

I have not looked recently, but has there been any changes to the two parent visas? I heard the price was going up:wacko:

Cooler

Guest katsmajic

It goes up every july...without fail.

Its pretty complex and they change the rules regularly....

Use the search engine - CPV, mil migrating, parent visa etc, you'll find posts by Gollywobbler, who is the fountain of knowledge when it comes to parent visas.

I have not looked recently, but has there been any changes to the two parent visas? I heard the price was going up:wacko:

Cooler

Guest jax

Cheers Guys for your replies. I have PM Gollywobbler as I read her post a couple of years ago which was fantastic and we could have followed if we had made the move then. Unfortunately, we didn't and I'm not sure if it would still apply. My problem is that we really don't want to leave my father in law behind as the options for him staying here would probably be a Rest Home (which would eat up a big chunk of his capital!) I will keep wading through the suggestions above, and if anyone else knows any further info I would be eternally grateful.

Many thanks once again.

Jackie

Guest Claireandchrisdownunder

hi it would be really good to keep in touch cause we are currently doing the same with my father-in-law. we are building a house to accomadate him and looking at heath insurance and visas on monday for the best option for us all. it would be nice to keep in touch with someone going through the same thing

regards

claire

ps maybe could also keep in touch on facebook

Guest jax

unfortunately he has brothers and a sister, but they don't live near. we are currently in Essex and they are in Bristol. On some of the information I have seen 'close' relatives.....which I consider us to be (the only ones!!!). I think the main problem will be that we haven't been in Oz for 2 years and its more a case of if they will let him stay on compasionate grounds (maybe?)

cheers

Jackie

It goes up every july...without fail.

Its pretty complex and they change the rules regularly....

Use the search engine - CPV, mil migrating, parent visa etc, you'll find posts by Gollywobbler, who is the fountain of knowledge when it comes to parent visas.

I think with the house market no better in the area she and SIL, then it's probably not going to happen. If SIL could get out on a PR visa, then it'd be no problem but not sure MIL would leave SIL as there is no other family there.

Cheers,

Cooler