Hi Folks,

We have friends, a couple coming over mid Sept, they in 30's, they are coming for 8 days.

When they stay with us we would all like to go away for a night for a little break.

Has anyone got any suggestions please ? a nice little place with a pub or 2 ?

You experience on if it is warmer a bit forther up like Mannum ??

Thanks

Lynne

Guest Guest75

Mannum would be lovely but no warmer - could be colder in fact!;)

How about the Barossa? I've been trying for ages to save up enough FlyBuy points to get a night away in the Novotel Barossa - and failing I might add! But plenty to do around there and a nice time to go in the Spring. Alternatively, I've just booked my parents up for a trip to Kangaroo Island which is one night - quite a few companies do trips there, such as this one: ADELAIDE Tours - Kangaroo Island, Murray River Cruises, Barossa Valley or have a look on the SA Shorts site: South Australia - SA Shorts

Victor Harbor is nice, main shopping street a couple of pubs, cafe's and beautiful views, there is also the horse drawn tram to granite island and the Anchorage pub is also a hotel.

Guest DanandJanna

Saunders Gorge Sanctuary near Palmer is nice, you can rent an old miners cottage with log fires, it comes with provisions for breakfast and bbq and is pretty cheap. No pubs but the place has a licensed restaurant (didn't try it but looks fine) and theres lots do around the gorge if you like the outdoors. Plenty of wineries in that area as well.