fluffy

We are Here at last

Omg what a journey 37 hours from start to finish. We have just arrived (two hours ago) in our renting accomodation which we have booked for two weeks and it is lovely. We have already hired a car which is being delivered tomorrow $55.00 per day, we are going to hire for a few days then look to buy and advice welcom. Then we are going to look for schools.

I start work in a few weeks at the Clavery North and really looking forward to it. No doubt I will be back on for advice as things crop up.

For ayone who is looking to bbok flights to come out we used Cathay pacific and we were a little over the baggage limit of 20kgs and they said at check in they allow 25kgs for every passenger so worth knowing ans we were expecting to pay for the extra.

Hi guys and welcome to sunny Adelaide. What a great day to arrive.

We will have been here for a year next month and boy has it flown!

We too rented a car when we first arrived but were lucky enough to find a great car wholesalers up Port Road. I think it's called Portside Motors. The car has been absolutely brilliant and we have not had a single problem with it, despite it being 10 years old.

Good luck with your new adventure and I hope that your family falls in love with this place as much as we all have.

The Flinns :)

Welcome to Adelaide, and what a beautiful day you have arrived on! Depending on who you have hired your car from, worth asking them if they know of any cars for sale that suit your budget/requirements.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Welcone to Adelaide.

Still a bit chilly today but the suns out so who cares lol lol lol.

If your looking to buy a car, take a look at beachroad auto center, bottom of beach road in Christies beach and tell them Matt with the Belina sent you down and they will see you all right.

Good cars, not over priced and no pressure to buy.

If your into fishing give me a shout some time.

Matt

OMG!! What a long journey, welcome to Adelaide I think you could ask anything on here and there would be always some one to answer your ?s

Goodluck.:)

Guest kangomik

All part of the adventure.

Take some time out to travel to gorge wildlife park in Cudlee Creek, a great way to combat Jetlag

Omg what a journey 37 hours from start to finish. We have just arrived (two hours ago) in our renting accomodation which we have booked for two weeks and it is lovely. We have already hired a car which is being delivered tomorrow $55.00 per day, we are going to hire for a few days then look to buy and advice welcom. Then we are going to look for schools.

I start work in a few weeks at the Clavery North and really looking forward to it. No doubt I will be back on for advice as things crop up.

For ayone who is looking to bbok flights to come out we used Cathay pacific and we were a little over the baggage limit of 20kgs and they said at check in they allow 25kgs for every passenger so worth knowing ans we were expecting to pay for the extra.

Welcome to Adelaide,

I noticed you are from Cardiff (my home town). Ive been here 10 years and miss Cardiff so much. What area were you from? Is it true how bad things are there now?

Jan

Welcome to Adelaide,

I noticed you are from Cardiff (my home town). Ive been here 10 years and miss Cardiff so much. What area were you from? Is it true how bad things are there now?

Jan

Jan,

I worked three years in Cardiff Centre from 200 to 2003 - I watched the stadium being built etc etc etc.

I have been back there since and don't recognise some (most ) of the changes.

Welcome to Adelaide,

Jan

Welcome guys hope u settle in fast :)

Jan im from up the road in swansea, cardiff is fantastic at the moment a great upcoming city..think it was voted one of the fasted growing cities in europe recently, what makes you think it is bad? Was there 11 weeks ago was Fab :)

Ooops,maybe I said it wrong. I too was in Cardiff for 9 weeks last year too. What I was referring to was the recession and the lack of employment opportunities. If it wasnt for the recession and hearing how people are really struggling right now, I would go back.

Welcome guys hope u settle in fast :)

Jan im from up the road in swansea, cardiff is fantastic at the moment a great upcoming city..think it was voted one of the fasted growing cities in europe recently, what makes you think it is bad? Was there 11 weeks ago was Fab :)

Hi Jan

Apart from if you are conected to the building trade i didnt really see much of a nock on effect from the so called recession, employment may have slowed down a little but cant say i noticed that much diffrence in fact retail etc seemed to be better :)

What I noticed when I went back last year was that food and retail shopping prices had dropped. Food used to cost so much less here a few years back but now I think we are on the same par. It is extremely difficult to find full time permanent work in Cardiff and I heard employers are offering more casual or part time work due to the cutbacks they have had to make to keep their businesses running.

My friend was here for a months earlier this year and she was shocked of how expensive it is here now.

Hi

We are from pentwyn, and yes it was getting pretty bad. Have you been back recenlty, as it is getting huge, they are building everywhere. You get charged for everything they have now intruduced parking wardens everywhere which are run by the council, and the parking ticket is on average £50 £100 yep I had £100 for parking at sophia gardens while my daughter was inside in a gym competition. Where were you from?

Guest watts10

hi welcome to adelaide, we have been here for just over 1 mth and still finding our feet but getting there! enjoy!

I was born in Rumney but have lived all around Cardiff. I know Pentwyn quite well.

I went back for a holiday last year in fact, we were there this time last year. I did certainly notice the changes however, the City and Cardiff Bay was looking good.

Let us know how the job goes, I met someone a couple of years back who was a nurse at the Calvery.

If you need any tips or advice please feel free to ask. I have been here 10 years and trust me you dont lose your accent lol!!! :D

Jan

Hi

We are from pentwyn, and yes it was getting pretty bad. Have you been back recenlty, as it is getting huge, they are building everywhere. You get charged for everything they have now intruduced parking wardens everywhere which are run by the council, and the parking ticket is on average £50 £100 yep I had £100 for parking at sophia gardens while my daughter was inside in a gym competition. Where were you from?

Hi Jan

not sure if a lot of people commenting on cardiff have been there recently, but believe me when I say it has changed! having just come from there last week. I have lived there most of my life and it is not what was. I agrre the bay has changed for the better, but social differences are getting greater.

I have been to the hospital to say hello and everyone seem nice and friendly.

Thanks Jan

Hi

Hi, hope you have settled in and rested now.

Speeding fines are not cheap here as many like myself can testify to :shocked:

Cooler

Hi

You will be right at home here you get charged for everything here also.

Hi Diane

Yes Torchwood was filmed in Cardiff and apparently its very popular. Im yet to see myself. See at the night out Friday week.

Jan

QUOTE=Diane;138017]Is it Cardiff they filmed Torchwood in? LOL, looks ok on screen but with all that going on underneath the streets, I'm hardly surprised things up top are changing!!! Overrun by those horrible Weevil things I should think....Weevil (Torchwood) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You will be right at home here you get charged for everything here also.

Adelaide is still the only City (or Town) I know where you can park right in the centre at weekends (on a meter) for just 20cents though!

Adelaide is still the only City (or Town) I know where you can park right in the centre at weekends (on a meter) for just 20cents though!

Thats because the city is dead at the weekends and they are trying to atract people in to the city.about the only place that is busy is Rundle mall and the central market.