Guest Clare123

Aberfoyle Park??....

Guest Clare123

Hi, we are in the very early stages of considering the big move to Adelaide. I am considering the Aberfoyle Park/ Flagstaff Hill suburbs. Can anyone tell me how far they are from the beach, I will be working in Adelaide centre - is it a feasible commute? and lastly but most importantly I have a 12 yr old son and a 9 yr old daughter - any advice on local schools and are there any local clubs/activities they can get involved with to help with the settlement?

Who knew it would be this stressful - ha!!

Clare

We are in Aberfoyle Park.

Its about 10-15mins drive to the beach so not to far.

Mel commutes to the CBD everyday and it takes about 40 mins on the way in at 8am and the same coming home at 5pm.

There is a school up here and some one will be along to give you info on this but i believe it to be ok.

If you want any more info please give us a shout.

Rob and Mel

We have lived in Flagstaff Hill for the past 7 years and love the area, and its convenience to everywhere we want to go. We are even having a new house built in Aberfoyle Park.

However, if you don't want to drive up to the CBD every day and want to use public transport it is a real pain. The option is there, it just seems to take so long.

Sorry, can't comment on the schools as all my children are too old.

Guest needtogonow

I have a 15 year old daughter who currently attends Aberfoyle Park High and a 12 year old son who is due to start there in January. So far we have been pretty happy with the school and my daughter has settled really well. The My School website has also given it a reasonable score as well. When are you looking at coming out? My son had to go back to do another year at primary (not that he is complaining) due to the differing starting High School years.

Guest Clare123

Thanks for the replies. It feels easier when you can speak with people that are there!! We are looking to move before May 2011. How did your kids cope with the move. Ryan (12) has deceided he doesnt want to move. After weeks of excitement he doesnt want to leave friends and family and that is that!!