Sign in to follow this  
Guest russell 12

HELP any nurses in the same situation???

Guest russell 12

my head is in a spin at the moment:wacko: . Really unsure about registration with NBSA. Just hanging on at the moment for my pin number to arrive here in the UK

( just qualified:jiggy:) and i have completed all the paperwork for NBSA ready to go but do i have to wait until this has been approved before i can apply for my visa? it says it can take upto 3 months does anyone have any experiences to share?

Because i have been sponsored on a subclass 457 i think its preferred to fill in my application online but there are sssooo many attachments to send.. whats a girl to do ? :idea:

Really hoping you guys can help me out ????

thank you Louise and craig

Guest Django

You cannot get a sponsored visa until you get a sponsor. You cannot get a sponsor until you are able to work. You cannot work until you are registered. Thats the way we read the confusing bumpf. You can get skill assessed without being registered first but it does work out more expensive for some strange reason. However, if you are being sponsored, your sponsor may not require the skill assessment as there is a bit of skill assessing in the registration process.

Hope this clears a little murk. The best course of action though is to phone your sponsor / potential sponsor. They will tell you exactly what they require to get things going. I would imagine though that you will need your registration number and a copy of your certificate to put in your visa application.

Pete

Guest Django

***UPDATE***

Tracey has just said that when she originally looked into going to Oz she looked at a sponsored visa. She contacted 2 hospitals. One stated that she had to be resistered before they would proceed, while the other stated that so long as registration was completed before her start date then that would be fine.

So phone or email the hospital you wish to work at and see what they say.

Pete

Guest Trakki
    i have completed all the paperwork for NBSA ready to go but do i have to wait until this has been approved before i can apply for my visa? it says it can take upto 3 months does anyone have any experiences to share?

First of all congratulations on qualifying, great feeling isn't it. I qualified 10 years ago and still remember that relief when it was all over.:jiggy:

Anyway, Just wanted to add to what Pete (Django) my other half has already said. My registration only took about 5 weeks to get (see Djangos time line). The paper work you are about to send off is for assessment for eligibility to register. This is like a mini skill assessment. You will then receive a letter saying that you are eligible to register and they will enclose a form for you to fill in and send back with more money $190 ($200 if you want a badge) for them to put you on the register. Like here you have to pay every year to stay on the register. This they send back almost straight away in a pack with their codes of practice etc and your certificate of registration. I'm only telling you this as I thought that I was originally actually applying for registration and was really confused when I got the letter saying I was eligible to be registered. I am now registered and waiting to be skill assessed by the ANMC before sending our visa application off. We are going on a 175 permanent visa. Like Django said just email them and they will be able to tell you what to do as they will have done this loads of times before. Who have you got a job with? What branch are you. I am paeds trained.

AnywayI'll stop boring you to death:wacko:. Let me know how you get on.

Tracey

Guest russell 12

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your advice...its mind boggling all this paerwork and we are just itching...as is everyone else it seems, to get things swinging!

I will be working as an adult nurse within the Calvary hospital which is private. I was on placement at the Royal Adealide earlier this year for 10 weeks as part of my elective placement and was offered a place here too but decided to go with the Calvary. Its a fantastic feeling to have finished my training but i am eager to get on and make the leap as a staff nurse now...but finding temporary work is proving difficult. Not worrying too much at least i have a job to go to and they are very supportive of newly qualified nurses. I will be on a year long preceptorship which is fantastic they call it thier Graduaute Nurse Programme (GNP). Are you going to be at the womens and childrens hospital then?

Bye for now Louise;)