suzer

Stand mixer?

Another item I'd be keen for suggestions on - kind of getting tired of the hand mixer but absolutely gobsmacked by the cost of Kitchenaid mixers here!! Would also be keen for one that had an ice cream attachment but heard they don't work so well.

There is a Sunbeam stand mixer, plus "free" scales, in next weeks Target Catalogue for $199. Have no idea how good it is, but I would recommend the brand based on other things I use.

What's a "stand mixer"? Is it what I would call a liquidizer?? Or is it more of a food processor?

Like a Kitchenaid...only not as heavy or expensive, in my case;)

I think I might be the only one interested in this post, but my sis-in-law just surprised me with an early xmas pressie and I now have my stand mixer. Which means I'm looking up recipes, and found some good links. So just in case anyone else is interested:

KitchenAid Conversations - Sharing our favorite Stand Mixer recipes!

Stand Mixer - Cuisinart.com

Guest Sachertorte

Enjoy your Kitchen Aid- In the US is sooo much cheaper- hey hum- I have learnt not to dwell too much on these things if they can't be helped! :arghh:

It really is a durable piece of equipment- a bit like the Miele of stand mixers :wubclub:

What colour is yours?

Enjoy your Kitchen Aid- In the US is sooo much cheaper- hey hum- I have learnt not to dwell too much on these things if they can't be helped! :arghh:

It really is a durable piece of equipment- a bit like the Miele of stand mixers :wubclub:

What colour is yours?

Didn't end up getting the Kitchenaid - sis-in-law picked me up a Homeart/Cookwell in red. Will see but it seems ok...I'll save the Kitchenaid for when I am a better cook.

And yeah, the difference in cost between the US and here in just shocking - we really get the short end of the stick in regards to costs here. I stock up on everything I can when 'home'.