Where to live?

Guest KandC

Hi,

have just comenced the process of obtaining an Investment Retirment visa. We are coming over this Christmas to look around adelaide and the area to get a better feel for it. We have visited before, fell in love with South Australia and Adelaide.

So, we have few weeks, a four wheel hire car and a yest for adventure.

We like the amenity of city life, theatre, resturants, arts etc. We also like the countryside, beach etc. So Does anyone have any suggestions where we should start our search?

We are staying in Hahndorf first, then North Adelaide for a while and then Willunga area.

Ideas would be appreciated.:jiggy:

Kris and Chris

Guest Russfamily

Are u buying or renting? staying put in Adelaide or traveling around. Do u want to see all of Australia or just south Australia. When we retire my wife and i plan to travel around in a mobile home living off our income from the house we will be renting, then doing it all again on a boat. If u want a property near the beach try Semaphore the council are spending money doing this area up to a high standard or if u want an apartment theres the new port development. glen elge, brighton, the adelaide hills the choice is endless

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hello KandC

Welcome to the site. I think that the places you are staying in, will give you a great intro to Adelaide and the diversity of areas. Funnily enough I met a lady recently who is looking for a second home in the Willunga area as a semi-retirement home - husband can play golf, that sort of thing - also my husband loves the course there, but that is another subject.

Best advice is simply to just drive around, stop off at places and grab a bite to eat, you soon get a feel for a place by people watching.

Good luck with it all.

Regs

Sas

Hi folks,

Thanks for the tips, looks like we are in for some great travels over Christman and New Year. We are really looking forward to it.

Have got the camera and camcorder all sorted out and ready to record our visit, I am sure that we will not remember everything otherwise.

We have commenced our Visa application, so fingers crossed.

regards,

KandC

Hi,

have just comenced the process of obtaining an Investment Retirment visa. We are coming over this Christmas to look around adelaide and the area to get a better feel for it. We have visited before, fell in love with South Australia and Adelaide.

So, we have few weeks, a four wheel hire car and a yest for adventure.

We like the amenity of city life, theatre, resturants, arts etc. We also like the countryside, beach etc. So Does anyone have any suggestions where we should start our search?

We are staying in Hahndorf first, then North Adelaide for a while and then Willunga area.

Ideas would be appreciated.:jiggy:

First thing to do is set your budget.......no point in looking in areas you cant afford.As you dont appear to have to work , this opens up a lot of areas.......Victor Harbour . Normanville, Carrickalinga.....myponga beach!!!!!!!.areas further away from the cbd..Mannum maybe