hiring a car

Guest jen&ian

Guest jen&ian

Hi all,

Just pondering the options for hiring a car when we get to Adelaide. We are thinking of organising a car we can pick up at the airport as we will have far to many bodies and cases for the meet & greeters (unless they happen to drive a mini bus!). I know they can help you out with a taxi and a shopping trip, but we kinda want to just get on with it (if that makes sense). We certainly don't want to be hiring one for long anyway a car will be top of our shopping list. Any thoughts gratefully accepted.

Jen:D

Guest graandjac

:DHi Guys we have just booked our reccie car hire at www.drivenow.com.au after searching for a good week these were the cheepest for the car we wanted through budget car hire . Warning........cheap car hire means high excess on average $3000 ish so we have been advised to pay the extra daily rate to reduce the excess for me over 25 it was an extra $15 per day. Hope this helps Cheers Graham

Guest Guest75
:DHi Guys we have just booked our reccie car hire at www.drivenow.com.au after searching for a good week these were the cheepest for the car we wanted through budget car hire . Warning........cheap car hire means high excess on average $3000 ish so we have been advised to pay the extra daily rate to reduce the excess for me over 25 it was an extra $15 per day. Hope this helps Cheers Graham

Hi Graham...........

Recently at a car hire place it was mentioned that if you have your own travel insurance it brings down costs too.

Dunno if this will help??

Hi Jen and Ian!

Not long now eh? Guess you must be getting pretty excited. Anyway, can't help overly much on car rental except to say we pre-arranged one to pick up at the airport as we landed very early in the morning and didn't want to faff around sorting out who offered the best deal. Unfortunately the best laid plans and all that, Richie forgot who he'd booked with and we hadn't printed off the receipt! So we ended up going to Budget and hiring a car when we landed after all! As soon as we got internet access we checked the details and exchanged the Budget car for the one with the original company (can't recall the name) and kept it for two weeks until we'd bought our own car. My advice therefore is pre-book but don't forget who you booked with!!

Liz and Rich

xxxx

Guest jen&ian

Hi,

Thanks Graham for that name we'll have a look.

Hello Liz & Rich, yes only 3 weeks (yikes:shocked:). getting pretty excited but dreading the travelling. Will have to catch up with you guys when we get there.

Jen:)

Hi we used holiday autos through last minute when we went to melbourne for a holiday, it is fully inclusive and only $385 reduced insurance excess.

I have copied and pasted the info hope it helps?

sorry couldn't send all info anyway go to lastminute.com.au car hire

No hidden extras to pay!

our rates include:

• reduced insurance excess of $385
  • airport surcharges
  • vehicle registration fee
  • stamp duty and GST

searchcarhire.gif Search Results

home > search results > booking > confirmation

Summary pick up:adelaide airportfrom:2/11/2007 at:10:00drop off:adelaide airportto:10/11/2007 at:10:00

What's Included?

All prices are fully inclusive of unlimited mileage, third party insurance, collision damage waiver, theft waiver, airport surcharges, bail bonds (where needed) and all local taxes unless otherwise stated on the next page in the important information section.

Hello both , Rich here the sensible one .

No I didn't forget to print off the reciept , we had no printer and Liz mislaid the scrap of paper I made my reservation details on - typically !! Probably put it through the wash in me jeans pocket as usual .

We used holiday autos to pre-book , only I thought they'd have a desk in the airport when we arrived -- WRONG !! Our booking I realised after was with easy car but I did not know . At the airport I hired a nissan Xtrail which was spacious and cheap for a few days through Budget , maybe give them a call . look forward to seeing you all again . Pm us if you neeed any help

best wishes Rich , Liz and kids !