Guest RichandHelen

Please and Thankyou

Guest RichandHelen

Two words I haven`t heard since being here....:(

Not really sure what you mean, TBH.

People are very friendly on the whole. Don't take this the wrong way, but what sort of places are you going to? Can you give examples when you would expect to hear the words but haven't?

Guest Ric & Paula

My 10 year old commented when we first got here,he liked Australia better as everyone was more polite and cheerful.

Guest Guest75

Not something I've noticed missing myself.

I did receive a massive thankyou from an Aussie today , just give him an extra hand at the boat ramp.:D

Generally I find people's manners here - particularly teenagers' - are fantastic! Never noticed any lacking in pleases and thankyous at all!

Have you had a bad experience?

Guest Trakki

I'm afraid I have to agree with everyone that I haven't noticed a lack of manners here, in fact I think I have noticed that I hear it more.

Guest kangomik

Got to agree with everyone else, people are so polite here. Remember your not in the UK, you moved, not the locals. Learn the lingo.

Guest The Dimmocks

I find people, especially shop workers, a lot more friendly than in UK.

I hear those words everyday here, and another i like to hear is "how you going":wubclub:

makes me smile :)

sue xxx

Guest caoimhe

I find customer service here far exceeds the Uk. I have also commented to my husband lately than when I help out at the canteen at our kids soccer club EVERY child I serve has beautiful manners

I agree with you - we have found manners here are different - I always hold a door for the person behind me, but find that usually isn't the case the other way around !!

We've been here since Thursday and I can't believe how overly friendly everyone is, it makes such a nice change and so many people have said welcome home and welcome to Adelaide. Also the offers of help from people - wow loving it!!

I think it just depends on the person most shops not all do well in customer services but it is there job. I worked in a factory and was in charge of a group of guys aged from 16 to 30 nice enough people but never had any manners did not know how to say please and thank you or excuse me just depends in what circles you move in.