Guest karyn

Rental in November

Guest karyn

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be arriving in Adelaide in November, and will be looking for somewhere to live. We're thinking Glenelg area.

As we won't have jobs initially we think we'll have to go through private landlords. Can anyone recommend one or is anyone moving out of a property around the middle of November??

Thanks

Karyn x

:v_SPIN:

Guest janny

Hi

we live in the westlakes shores area? we are currently renting a 4 bed house for $760 fortnight , dont know if u r interested?Good luck

Jan

Guest maggieandrich

Hi Janny,

is this a house you have available to rent out? or that you are staying in? We would be intrested if it's avilable

Properties with private landlords are generally by word of mouth or by checking the local newspaper on a Saturday - The Advertiser as they can not advertise on Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au which is our main website for properties. I am not sure if you can get The Advertiser online just so you can get an idea of what is available (not that they will be available by November). A few people I know have not had jobs initially when they've arrived and they have got around it with getting references prior to arrival etc so don't rule out the agents completely. Ask here how other people have got around it. I know of people who have offered to pay rent in advance to sway the landlord and this has helped, other agents ask to see a copy of your bank statements etc. Cheers

Guest janny
    Hi Janny,

is this a house you have available to rent out? or that you are staying in? We would be intrested if it's avilable

we r currently renting it out, lease finishes feb 2011. we wish to return to the uk.can forward photos etc if u r still interested. my email is kabelamck@googlemail.com

thanks for the interest j:huh:an

Guest maggieandrich

hi janny

photo's would be good. sorry it's taken me a few days, our computers on the blink, and am using my daughters. It's not really a long enough lease for us though, would the landlord be willing to increase it do you think?

Guest karyn

Thanks Kris!

Good to know there may be ways around it!! Was going to ask our current real estate agent for a reference before we leave the UK, so hopefully that and some bank statements will help!!

The Advertiser is online, but could only find link to real estate.com.au! I'll definitely get onto that when we arrive!!

Cheers!

Karyn x

Guest karyn

Hi Janny!

Thanks, but I think by November I'll be looking for a lease that's a bit longer than three months!!

Hope you manage to get it let!!

x

Don't rule the property out Karyn - if you take it over then it will be a brand new lease for you. The agent should be open to giving you a 12 month lease if you ask. the only reason this wouldn't happen is if they have a particular reason for wanting it to finish in February.

Guest sharkbiscuit

Hi! Not sure if this is a bit too far south but we are leaving our rental and it'll be available from 8th November. We're moving interstate due to job changes.

Really lovely house, one street back from Moana beach. 4 beds, kitchen/family room ,seperate lounge, 2 bath, neutral decor througout, big laundry, good entertaining pergola and grassed garden, double garage. $330 pw if you're interested please let me know and I'll sort out piccies!

If not - good luck anyway!

Hiya

We are breaking our lease in Aberfoyle Park - posted a topic with the details if you want to take a look. The owner would want a 12 month lease. Not too far to get to the beaches - on bus route too. $350 per week.

Guest hel&sam

neither of us were working when we got our rental, we offered 4 months rent in advance and a nice letter about how well we would look after it and they were fine with that.

Helen.

Guest kas17
    Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be arriving in Adelaide in November, and will be looking for somewhere to live. We're thinking Glenelg area.

As we won't have jobs initially we think we'll have to go through private landlords. Can anyone recommend one or is anyone moving out of a property around the middle of November??

Thanks

Karyn x

:v_SPIN:

Hi Karyn

we got our lease without jobs, they didnt check references, seemed happy with bank statements that proved we could pay for the 6 month lease. One agent did say if you had a reference from landlord in Uk that would help

Karen

ps are you an OT, there are lots of jobs advertised

Guest karyn

Thanks Mark, just slightly out of our price range at the moment and we're only really after a two-3 bed!! Good luck with your move!

Guest Janine3979

Hi,

Good luck on the move, if you've got short term accomodation when you arrive your best having a look around a few properties when you get here.

The references etc we used were police checks from uk, a copy of our sa sponsor form to show our saving etc. and reference from Uk agent and they were hapy with that, if you can show you've got savings to cover rent for a while they shouldn't really need more than the normal 6 weeks rent bond and 2 weeks up front.

Hope everything goes well.

Guest karyn

Hi all!!

We've got somewhere to live in Glenelg North!! Actually the first place we viewed!! Definitely helped having the reference from the UK and also offering to pay 6 weeks rent up front!

Thanks everyone for your advice!! x

Hi all!!

We've got somewhere to live in Glenelg North!! Actually the first place we viewed!! Definitely helped having the reference from the UK and also offering to pay 6 weeks rent up front!

Thanks everyone for your advice!! x

hi Karyn,we are leaving uk i a few weeks and hoping to live in glenelg north .we too have no jobs as yet and are worried about securing a rental.which agent did you use and what information did you need to give them to secure the lease?we are looking for a two bed unit/house and have just been checking realestate.com.au at the minute.have you any advice you can offer?sharon:arghh:

Guest karyn

Hi Sharon and Mick!!

Well, you guys must be getting excited about the move!! We used Brian Truran (just google them). Had no real difficulty. We gave a reference from our letting agent in the UK and then proof of savings (just a copy of a recent bank statement) and offered to pay 6 weeks rent in advance on top of the bond. They were obviously happy with that!!

Real estate.com is a good website.

Your could try Phil McMahon too. He's another real estate who was recommended to us. They have properties in Glenelg, but they tend to be more coastal.

Ours is a two bedroom unit (semi-detached bungalow), and it's lovely. Rent over here is usually paid weekly or fortnightly as opposed to monthly in the UK.

If your renting, your rates (council tax) should be included, but you will have your water bills and electric etc to pay on top. Oh, and a word of warning!! Rental properties over here very rarely have fridges or washing machines, so be prepared to buy these!! You may find it difficult to rent them with no credit history in Australia!!

Hope that helps. Good luck with the move and feel free to PM me if I can help any further!!

Karyn x