Guest karyn

Any good health care job websites?

Guest karyn

Hi all!

I'm an Occupational Therapist and will be looking for hospital based work in Adelaide from mid November. I've got all my registration sorted, just need to get a job now!

Does anyone know of any good websites that I should look at?

Thanks

Karyn x

You will be laughing occupational therapists are in demand. I would approach the hospitals directly or try seek.com.au. I work for a community based company that are always wanting OT's

Lindsey

Guest karyn

Thanks very much Lindsey!! That news has made my day!! I'll get sending out the emails!!

Karyn x

Guest Teresa01

Hi Karyn,

I am a fellow OT and as already mentioned I dont think you will be short of work, the only thing that tends to be tricky is finding someone to supervise your 6 months practice audit assessment period.

SA Health is the best site for Hospital based Jobs, OT's can carry out workcover assessments here so plenty of opportunities in that area, or if you want to locum Wellness and Lifestyles and Therapy Solutions are large providers.

Best of luck!

Teresa

Guest Trakki

Yep as already said try seek.com.au or careerone.com.au, good luck

Guest kas17

Hi Karyn,

good luck in your move. I am an OT too and moving out next week although havent applied for my registration yet. Was it easy to get sorted

Karen

Hi Karyn,

good luck in your move. I am an OT too and moving out next week although havent applied for my registration yet. Was it easy to get sorted

Karen

Ohhh kaz you better get moving, first phase desktop reg is straight foward but does take about 4-8 weeks....second stage is a nightmare though and a real pain to get jobs, as you have to have a job with insurance to get reg but need to have reg to get a job!!! :arghh: what happened to me was my work SA gave me a temp contaract to get limited registration then you have to conduct a practice audit with the OT COUNCIL (which is not the ot board) over the next 12 months before they (OT BOARD) will grant you full registration, if you let this slip at anytime ie dont get all paperwork in on time etc they pull your reg and you cannot not work.

Its not too difficult but wish someone had explained it to me first as it take me a while to get it all sorted, im now half way through my audit and working :)

Occupational Therapy Council (Aust & NZ) Inc. For you 1st stage audit and 2nd stage audit

Occupational Therapy Board of SA - Home Page For your registration

Hope this helps pm me if you need more help.

Guest kas17
    Ohhh kaz you better get moving, first phase desktop reg is straight foward but does take about 4-8 weeks....second stage is a nightmare though and a real pain to get jobs, as you have to have a job with insurance to get reg but need to have reg to get a job!!! :arghh: what happened to me was my work SA gave me a temp contaract to get limited registration then you have to conduct a practice audit with the OT COUNCIL (which is not the ot board) over the next 12 months before they (OT BOARD) will grant you full registration, if you let this slip at anytime ie dont get all paperwork in on time etc they pull your reg and you cannot not work.

Its not too difficult but wish someone had explained it to me first as it take me a while to get it all sorted, im now half way through my audit and working :)

Occupational Therapy Council (Aust & NZ) Inc. For you 1st stage audit and 2nd stage audit

Occupational Therapy Board of SA - Home Page For your registration

Hope this helps pm me if you need more help.

Thanks mydearboy,

I did read all the information but did sound like couldnt get registration without job, am not looking to work hopefully till maybe beginning of next year once got my daughter settled into school. Will def be in touch once I start the process for some help

thanks Karen