Guest The Standrings

Fishing in Oz

Guest The Standrings

Hi

I am currently in the process of applying for my Visa. Was just wondering what the fishing is like in Oz?? Over here I coarse and fly fish am just bit worried about whats out there for me, as here I only fish lakes and ponds. Thanks

Daz:wacko:

Guest Guest75

Hi Daz

Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about the fishing here, there are loads of possibilities.

There are spots for course and fly fishing.

Then there is the beach /jetty/boat fishing.

Much more to look forward to;)

The local fishing forum Strike and Hook is a good place to start.

There is a freshwater fishing section and some clubs and associations to get involved with.

Have a peek here........

Strike & Hook - South Australia's Online Fishing Resource

Guest The Standrings

cheers tyke

ill have a browse through that site . i know im excited to try that beach fishing never really had a go. i went with a friend to blackpool on a cold rainy day guess its not the same as adelaide beach fishing

thanks again daz

cheers tyke

ill have a browse through that site . i know im excited to try that beach fishing never really had a go. i went with a friend to blackpool on a cold rainy day guess its not the same as adelaide beach fishing

thanks again daz

hehe...you can catch some big astuff off the beach here, rays, sharks and then some smaller stuff as long as its legal and edible then home they go....i have never had much success off the beach a couple of take homers.

Had more fun off Tykes boat....deffo the way to go....catch you soon on the bright side......

HG

Hi

I am currently in the process of applying for my Visa. Was just wondering what the fishing is like in Oz?? Over here I coarse and fly fish am just bit worried about whats out there for me, as here I only fish lakes and ponds. Thanks

Daz:wacko:

My husband was a keen coarse angler back in the UK, and has struggled to find the equivalent over here....he misses the lakes and ponds of england big time!!! Fishing has always been his big love, and he does feel he has lost that since coming to Australia....he has tried some places, but it just isn't the same.....:sad: Also doesnt help that he has to kill Carp if he catches them! Not allowed to put them back here....so he hardly goes now...:sad:

Has done some beach fishing down at the Yorke Peninsula which is good fun, but crap of the beaches around here....but i know he will be going on a sea fishing trip soon with my work....so that will be an experience!

There are some Carp lakes down on River Road dunno if there is much in there...always see guys fishing there.

As they are land locked ne need to kill em either.....i was a keen coarse fisho back in the UK for Carp mainly they arwe treated like gods over in Europe...

HG

Guest The Standrings

Thanks for all your replies guys, I still at least a year over here to get some fishing in!! Think you could be right sea fishing will be the future!!!!

Daz

Guest Guest75

Sea fishing is a challenge. You'll have to learn the right time/tide/time of year.

knowledge is power :)

This last winter has been a strange one fishing wise, less fish and fish in the wrong place.

I really hope the Desalination plant is not going to add to the confused fishing.

We were out yesterday in less than "comfortable" seas for 9 hours,only brought in 12 King George Whiting and 5 squid.

Good to be out there though!