salvadordillon

Some advice on Tenancy Applications

Hello - going through the process of filling out application forms for rentals in our area of Gawler....We arrived here three weeks ago (staying in fully furnished rental holiday let at the moment) and our container does not arrive until late Sept

When it comes to Employment / Income obviously we don't have any work at the moment and also finding it hard to gather two referees each.

Anyone have any advice? I have got the bank to supply our bank balance on letterhead paper - have photocopied drivers license, medicare and bank card as well as passport pic page and visa page - but not sure if we can do anything else...

Im guessing these real estate companies are used to immigrating folk from other countries?

thanks

Will the person you are renting your furnished place from give you a reference? Worth asking I reckon...

Hello - going through the process of filling out application forms for rentals in our area of Gawler....We arrived here three weeks ago (staying in fully furnished rental holiday let at the moment) and our container does not arrive until late Sept

When it comes to Employment / Income obviously we don't have any work at the moment and also finding it hard to gather two referees each.

Anyone have any advice? I have got the bank to supply our bank balance on letterhead paper - have photocopied drivers license, medicare and bank card as well as passport pic page and visa page - but not sure if we can do anything else...

Im guessing these real estate companies are used to immigrating folk from other countries?

Hi we used aussie friends as refs we were lucky to have known them for a long time,and they were happy to help out.

We were very lucky to be able to also use work ref as Husbands company brought him over from uk to work.

Have you got any friends over here who would be able to provide a ref ?

Guest guest4829

thanks

I've seen a few people in your situation who have paid a few months up front - if you are able to do that then you may find that doors suddenly fly open for you.

Daniel

Guest tinkham_lee

we were in a similar position, except my partner was working, but she moved out of parents house so had no ref's. If you cant provide ref's they may offer a shorter rental period, we had a 6 month trial rental before being offered the full 12 months. if you speak to the real estate they should be able to advise you what to do.