Guest RichandHelen

Tax Return Delays

Guest RichandHelen

Few people at work have been waiting over 4 weeks for their return. Is this isolated or has everyone else been having delays ?

Did you do them online? Ours took about 10 days or so to come through and that also included reconciliation with centrelink...

Yes did mine with my accountant almost 4 weeks ago and nothing yet - although know someone who did theirs online a few days after me and got it today.

Apparently the delay has something to do with the upcoming Federal election according to the ATO when my ex hubby phoned them chasing his rebate.

Guest Mark Xpnsit

Lots of people have been experiencing the same problems, at the start the ATO said that there haven't been any problems, but a couple of days ago released a statement saying there have been some problems this year!

You can read the response from the ATO here

Fingers crossed the return is on its way!

Cheers

Mark

Guest WhatNow?

Did mine online and got my refund in 10 days into the bank. It may be that if you are claiming some of the 'new' allowances they may be double checking the returns.

We did our s via E-tax online but we had to print them off as we have just arrived in February 2010 and no previous records. I handed over the paperwork nearly 5 weeks ago and heard nothing. I cannot check up what is happening, no telephone numbers or e-mail address to check up on the progress.

Just under $3800 to come back to us - cannot wait

our tax return was sent by our accountant on 29th july and ive been checking on the automated phone service and just checked and it was finalised yesterday so looks like they are catching up with the tax returns:)

for anyone else who wants to check heres the details from the ato website for the service i used to check on progress, its very basic, just key in your taxfile number and it will say if its still in the process or if its been finalised:)

To check the progress of your refund, phone 13 28 65. This is an automated service and is available 24 hours a day, every day.

You will need to key in your tax file number (TFN) using your phone keypad to use this service.

Guest Trakki

did mine 20th July and still not got it. Did it with same accountant last year and only took 10 days, the accountant did tell me that the ATO have a new computer system which is causing problems. Hope I get it soon

Just looked at bank and got it this morning, thats just under 4 weeks