Cannons

a wander down beach road

I was out for a wander yesterday down beach road while the mrs was checking out the dr's and i went in to a fishing tackle shop just for a little look and as soon as the guy heard my accent the first thing he asked was if i used any internet forum and then i twiged that it was "The Anglers Choice" shop that you guy's all go on about. Scott was very helpful and said he'd get me sorted out with some gear once I was ready and he'd even sort me out with a fishing buddy to show me the ropes as i've never fished before,

very friendly lot in the shop and i'll def be back in for that help.

Guest Damien

Hello Derek,

We are in P Noarlunga too. Been here since March. Angler's Choice is an excellent tackle shop, always loads of good advice there. Shame you've only just arrived, you missed a great Poms in Ad day a couple of weeks ago when 65 of us hit Moana beach for a match/get together. The fishing was hard but the cream rose to the top ;):biglaugh:

I'm always ready to wet a line if you fancy a fish mate. There's great fishing on Southport beach, the Onk etc and there's always the jetty if you're feeling a bit lonely lol

Damien

Guest Guest75

So it was you that Scott mentioned.;)

I was in the shop yesterday delivering ( they buy our olive oil )

A top shop as you say.:notworthy::notworthy:

Guest Damien

Hi Tamara,

I'm not a fisherman, I'm an angler. Fishermen do it with nets :D I've got more style and finesse (also don't catch anywhere near as many fish) :biglaugh:. Didn't know you were the local matchmaker as well......multi talented!

Damien

Guest Damien

I reckon my surf rod can chuck a lead into your pool from my back garden Derek!;)

Damien - will definatley take you up on that once i get myself set up with some gear, i saw the pictures on here of your fishing day looked like a good day even though you never caught all that much

Tyke - Scott was telling me about you as well;)

Guest Damien

I'll be down Southport tomorrow late pm after work, hopefully catch a few for the barbie!