applying for permanent residency visa

Guest steve

Hi

Can anyone tell us if they have had to get a bridging visa whilst applying for permanent residency because their 475 visa is about to expire when applying and what this entails.

Thanks

Lorraine & Steven Booth

Manchester

Guest Nick11

You automatically get one when you apply for an 887 visa. They take away your 475 status.

If you are applying for the bridging visa as you need more time to fulfill the 475 visa requirements..I'm not quite sure. Had a friend who did it..was quite straightforward. Need to contact immi.

You automatically get one when you apply for an 887 visa. They take away your 475 status.

If you are applying for the bridging visa as you need more time to fulfill the 475 visa requirements..I'm not quite sure. Had a friend who did it..was quite straightforward. Need to contact immi.

Hi Nick Im sure this has been asked before..

Our SIR 495 visa was done by an agent in UK by paper.

We are nearly ready to apply for permanecy having satisfied the requirements.

I tried to look how to apply on line and I just cant find the right place to go ?

Do we need to apply by paper cos the original was done that way ?

or should I just call Immi and ask them ?

Lynne

:wubclub:

I tried to look how to apply on line and I just cant find the right place to go ?

Lynne

I know you asked Nick this question, but for info, no reason why you can't do it electronically. Here's the DIAC link for how to apply for the 887:

Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

You'll see that one of the headings is about applying electronically; clicking this takes you straight there.

Cheers, Jim

I know you asked Nick this question, but for info, no reason why you can't do it electronically. Here's the DIAC link for how to apply for the 887:

Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

You'll see that one of the headings is about applying electronically; clicking this takes you straight there.

Cheers, Jim

Thanks I did try that last night when very tired and it came up with a message saying that we were over 45.

Then I tried again it it asked for a TRN and password.

:arghh:

Thanks I did try that last night when very tired and it came up with a message saying that we were over 45.

Then I tried again it it asked for a TRN and password.

:arghh:

Just our luck a "system glich !"

they are calling us back, but we may have to do it on paper,

something to do with living in the med whilst the visa came thourgh

Lynne

hi we were in the same boat... in the uk our agent did our application hard copy and when i tried to apply for our 887 early on this year electronically it wouldn't allow me to do it, i rang the immi and they said yes because my original was hard copy i had to do it hard copy also.. why!!! i just don't know and it took a lot longer too to come through as well but hey!! we had plenty of time and it got here in the end..

hi we were in the same boat... in the uk our agent did our application hard copy and when i tried to apply for our 887 early on this year electronically it wouldn't allow me to do it, i rang the immi and they said yes because my original was hard copy i had to do it hard copy also.. why!!! i just don't know and it took a lot longer too to come through as well but hey!! we had plenty of time and it got here in the end..

nothing is ever easy for me !! I always have to go the long way round !

I called IMMI and they said they would fix the prop !