Southern Thai Boxing - Aldinga Beach

Guest KP Nuts

Guest KP Nuts

Just wondering if anyone here is a member of the above club, and if so can you please tell me if it's any good, my 16 year old son is looking for something again!!!!!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest michellerobinson

Hi,

I have been going to this club for about 4 months and I absolutely love it.

There is a big group of girls and boys that train and their ages range from 14 yrs to 30yrs.

The classes run for 2 hours with the first hour focusing on fitness and the second hour is pad work and sparring. The sparring is full contact but the regulars take it pretty easy on the newbies and some just sit out until they are confident enough to join in.

Let me know if you want to know anything

Guest KP Nuts

Thanks so much for the reply.

Can you please tell me what nights, and how much it costs, and do you need any special clothing?

Can you tell I have no idea, :biglaugh:

Thanks again

Guest michellerobinson

Monday and Thursday nights from 7pm to 9pm. They also do Saturday's from 10.30-12.30 but that is more intense training (mainly for the fighters that compete in events).

Mouth guards are complusory if they want to do sparring but generally he wont need it for the first couple of sessions because everyone will take it pretty easy. Always best to come and check it out first before buying the equiptment to make sure he likes it.

It costs $10 a class and if he wants to keep coming then membership is $50 but he wont have to pay that for the first 5-8 weeks.

He can just wear shorts and a t-shirt to train and wear sneakers for the first bit and will then be bare foot.

Hope that helps,

Let me know if you need anymore info.