Sign in to follow this  
Guest sturt007

Medical problems

Guest sturt007

Hi, we have done all our necessary things for the oz visa and are now on some of the final things. We have done our police checks and meds.

My job is on the MODL list and we were on full steam ahead for getting our visa's by around Nov to Dec.

The problem is that my parrtner had a slight thing show up on her lung. We had all tests and all is fine, no problems at all it was nothing. The thing is that now that our doc has had to send of the letters with the full med results in of which they will send back to our doc saying that my partner has this thing showing up and we have to have more tests to prove that its not TB.

Until they send the results back saying we need more we have been told by our doc to start thr process of getting done what they will ask for, (skin tests, spit tests, and another xray possibly). We have got to wait 3 months after the first xray was taken before we can have the next one so that already delays the whole thing by 3 months. The other thing is that my partner can not do the spit samples from her lungs because she doesnt have TB!!!

Has anyone had a similar type problem that can shed some light on how long all of this could take.....

The visa we are going for is the skilled migration main all singing and dancing one.

We have a case officer...

Any help would be great, thanks:)

Guest deanrm

Hi

A friend of mine who is now in happily in Perth had something similar. Somrthing showed up on the x-rays, i Can't remember exactly what it was. They were granted their visa anyway on the condition that she went to see a doctor as soon as she arrived in Perth.

Her own GP had told her it was just scar tissue and nothing to worry about. Thats all i can remeber but i will try and find out more asap.

Good luck

Trisha

Guest ali@51

Hi

you seemto be in a similar position to us . We havent done our medicals yet but my daughter has a very rare eye condition that we know will cause difficulties at the medical stage (booked 1/11) .Because we kew we would have this added complication we tryed to find out as much as we could befor hand, and I have to say we faild misrebly:goofy:.The ony things we could realy find out are as follows that we would have to go for he medical and it would be sent to sidney and then they would send back for the extra info they wanted. No one will give you an Idear as to how much extra time or wether or not it will stop you getting a visa.

the only thing I can really say is that since we have joind these forums we have seen people with long tearm medical problems that have got visas, so hopefully if you can prove it is not a long tearm problem it should just add time and stress to the proces and shouldt be a problen in getting a visa.good luck

Guest sturt007

hi, from what we no i really do not think that you have a problem with your daughters problem with her eyes as the only thing they are interested in is TB and thats all.