Golf buddy

I live near Seacliffe and I am looking for a golf buddy. I dont have a handicap but if I did it would be about mid 20's (sometimes mid 40's). I had a mate in the UK and we played once a week/fortnight. I dont take golf seriously and I am not a big fan of golf societies , dont mind them every once in a while but not every week. Just like to hit a ball and have a leasurly stroll around a golf course and maybe a beer at the end of it. So if you fit this bill and want a golf buddy please let me know.

Richard

Age 39 (not for long)

Guest mikesmith

hi richard im in the same boat as you m8 i arrived here 5th sep last year with me clubs etc not been out the bag as people whom i have met dont play golf. I also played in uk with friends every week depending on the weather im no tiger woods either lol just like to get out for a game and stroll and have a beer after a round i live in fulham gardens not sure how far you are be would be up for a game.

regards mike

Guest Django

Sounds good to me. I haven't swung a club since I got here so I don't know whether I'll still be able to hit those little white things that people reckon fit into those holes in the ground where the grass is a bit shorter. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest alexbrown

Richard and everyone else in this thread, I am in the same boat, used to play in UK about every 3 or 4 weeks as have young children and my wife is a nurse so shift work means not always free but my clubs came with me and are still clean in the bag. I live in Newton so I am not sure how far from you guys but would be interested in maybe hitting a ball or two(after lost first one!) every now and then, let me know we could have a group of casual ex UK golfers going!!

Hi we are moving over this week, clubs wont arrive till end of september though but would be interested in joining you sometime. Dont have a handicap but when I play am happy if score is less than 100!!!!

Cheers Paul

Well looks like thers a few more like me out there. So I think the only thing to do is all get to gether and split up into groups. We will have to agree on a time and date. So if you would PM me your phone numbers or if you want to I will PM you mine and I will ring and set a time and place. I would like to get one going next weekend. I will ring around and get some quotes and times.

Polish those clubs boys and clean them spikes.

Thanks for replying guys look forward to meeting you.

Richard

Looking at the list of locations for people I would suggest a meet in the Brighton area. The Esplanade Hotel does a good beer and is easy to find, Maybe an evening this week would be an excuse to 'wet the whistle'!!

Seeing as a few of us may fancy a game.

What about a meet to see who everybody is?

Looks like its down South mostly, so it would benefit everybody to at least meet up beer then maybe arrange a round.

Just a thought?

Down Noarlunga way

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed the meet up, we only arrived about a week or so ago, things have been pretty hectic since we have arrived.

Would love to meet up for a beer or two, would also love to play but my clubs aren't due to arrive until sometime in October, at least the weather may be better then!!

Cheers

No worries, we're hoping for some better weather too, basically we are a bunch of hackers n whackers, some new to SA and some not quite so new. I think we plan to get a game in on occasional weekends, there's 8 or so players so there should be a game going somewhere between us. I see from your profile that you are a fellow west-country chap, I originate from Thornbury and lived there until 2005 when I moved to the midlands with work and then here in Jan 2010.

Any other onfo just drop me a line here or PM me

Cheers

Mark

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed the meet up, we only arrived about a week or so ago, things have been pretty hectic since we have arrived.

Would love to meet up for a beer or two, would also love to play but my clubs aren't due to arrive until sometime in October, at least the weather may be better then!!

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys

i just found this thread,i'm moving over at the beginning of november and enjoy a game of golf and was wondering if i could throw my hat in the ring when i come over

regards

gordon

Hi there,

Gary would be up for a game with you...we've been here 3 months and he's only got to the driving range twice. He even bought new shoes and they have only been on his feet when he tried them on lol...

Contact us when you get here!!

Hi there,

Gary would be up for a game with you...we've been here 3 months and he's only got to the driving range twice. He even bought new shoes and they have only been on his feet when he tried them on lol...

Contact us when you get here!!

thanks joolz

we're arriving at the start of november so once we're settled in i'll get in contact with gary and get a game arranged,cant wait to get over the dark nights are starting to close in over here(lol)

cheers

gogs

Hi there,

Gary is looking forward to it...he misses our mate Stewie...they used to disappear for a cheeky 9 or 18 between work lol...be nice to see you, are you a Scot by any chance??