Which Shipping Company?

Guest jimmel

Guest jimmel

We have now received three quotes for shipping our stuff over in December and all three are so similar we dont know which to choose!

Please can anyone let us know about their experiences, good and bad!

Or anything else which may help us to make this decision.

I am not sure if I can name the companies but I think they are probably the three you would expect.

Thanks for your help in this confusing time! :arghh:

Guest Langers

We used PSS back in 2006 and they were superb. Packed everything securely and we had no breakages at all! We've decided to use them again in November. Make sure you play the companies off against each other as it saved us a fortune!!

Probably not going to help you make a decision but we used Pickfords and really can't fault them. On the UK side everything was packed up by a great team of 4 guys and then when we arrived in Australia, were kept right up to date on where all our things were and they were delivered right on time. The guys who unpacked this end were really good as well.

Happy travels!

Guest the4hopes

We used Pickfords, great service both ends, they even wrapped up a little fork my daughter used when she was little, didnt even know we had kept it but it was funny to unpack it! Its great unpacking you have no idea what is in any parcel!

Guest Grahame68

We used PSS and the service was excellent. Items have just arrived last week and took exactly 10 weeks door to door. Was very impressed with the service both ends.

Guest jimmel

Thanks to you all for taking the time to reply. All very useful.

I just need to make the decision and get it booked up now!

Adelaide bound 1st December and cant wait :D

Guest jimmel

It looks as though there are going to be a quite a few new arrivals late in the year.

Maybe we could arrange a get together during December?

Jim, Mel, Mollie (12) and Alfie (10)

hi, we used anglo pacific a few weeks ago, awful. Packers were too hungover the second day of packing after drinking from our booze cupboard when we were out - (we did say have a beer which they interpretted as have a full bottle of vodka) and we had to do the packing ourselves. Still waiting for a phone call from the agent at the company

Guest Chandan

We used Anglo Pacific... not impressed at all. told it would take 6-8 weeks to get our stuff here and it is now going to be over 13 weeks. Also told that we had nothing to pay this end except fumigation charges.. now receiving invoices for Quarentine Inspection...(I had stressed to them that a few family friends had been caught out this end with a few port charges etc- I was reassured all would be good) I ended up packing most of the stuff myself and felt alot of the stuff wasnt packed appropriatly. now having email wars with them and I havent even received our stuff!! Oh how keen they were to underprice everyone. And kudos to the sales rep he does a great job. But if you have any sense stay well away from them. They dont have an honest word at all.