Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smudger19

Job opportunities Adelaide

Guest Smudger19

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of coming over to join my friends in Adelaide and hoping for some advice on work opportunities.

I'm a research scientist, currently finishing off a PhD in Edinburgh, and a qualified further education (TAFE) lecturer also. I research infectious diseases (e.g. Malaria) and teach biology/chemistry (but not high school). My wife is an experienced manager with a car hire company. Our son is 5 months old and still to find a job. Lazy!

Are we likely to fill a niche in Adelaide you think?

Thank you!!!

Guest stmatt

Hi

I am also a research scientist although I have not worked for the past few years. There is a lot of research here in Adelaide. Check out the Hanson Institute, Womens and Children's Hospital and Flinders University as these are the main sites for research. I have been led to believe it would be easy to get a job, but have not tried yet (and will be returning to the Uk soon) although I also have many years post-doc experience.

I would look at these research pages of the above institutes and maybe send your CV to a few people and see what happens.

hth