Guest markmet

The cost of paint

Guest markmet

Hi

Was pricing up paint today and quite shocked at how much it costs $60-70 a tin. Is this the going rate. Hoping someone out there will know where I will get it cheaper. It is interior emulsion that I am looking for.

Thanks

Chris

Guest kangomik

Sounds about right, welcome to Australia LOL

Solver if you have a trade account are cheap.

Thats the cost of it here. You don't get emulsion here.If you know any painters that have an account with one of the suppliers they will get it at half of that for you,

Guest kangomik

Ohh i forgot, don't paint in summer, it will cost you twice as much !

Yup,it really is one of the things that P me off about here,really outrageous.I saw a tin 4 litre(?,why not 5 litre)tin of Dulux for $118.00 in Bunnings last year,didn't look to see whether it was gloss or emulsion,i was too staggered to be bothered .Also if this Solver paint they sell here is anything like the Solver in the UK,you'll need 10 gallons to paint a box room to a satisfactory standard.:wideeyed:

Try Topline Paint on Aldershot Road in Lonsdale. It's their own brand and much cheaper than Bunnings. I worked there until recently and painted all my house with it.

Guest markmet

Thanks for your replies everyone. You have given me a few ideas now of where to look. I did see the nippon paint in Bunnings but didnt see the price so will look into that, and will definately look at the place in Lonsdale.

Cheers guys

Chris