Balloon Rides.

Tomorrow night on UK TV, ITV at 19:00hrs they are showing a programme called Stephen Tomlinsons Balloon Adventure in Australia.

Mainly shot in SA, it is about.....riding a hot air balloon across SA.

Now I have no interests in ballooning but it is something the wife would love to do and always has.

So I thought, if I have to do it I would rather to it over the Barossa Valley than sunny (!) ole England.

Has anyone on the forum done this yet please or know of people who have as I really would like to know if it is a worthwhile adventure in reality as opposed to just interesting TV.

Thanks in advance.

Tomorrow night on UK TV, ITV at 19:00hrs they are showing a programme called Stephen Tomlinsons Balloon Adventure in Australia.

Mainly shot in SA, it is about.....riding a hot air balloon across SA.

Now I have no interests in ballooning but it is something the wife would love to do and always has.

So I thought, if I have to do it I would rather to it over the Barossa Valley than sunny (!) ole England.

Has anyone on the forum done this yet please or know of people who have as I really would like to know if it is a worthwhile adventure in reality as opposed to just interesting TV.

Thanks in advance.

Still waiting to try it. In the programme he crashes in the Flinders ramges. We flew over them in a little Cessna 2 years ago. They do baloon rides from Barossa so maybe we'll give it a try as a 'welcome to Adelaide' treat when we eventually arrive.:)

Guest kangomik

We did it in April with Balloon Adventures: Hot Air Balloon Adventures in South Australia's Barossa Valley we couldn't fly over the barossa because of the wind patern, So went out towards Waikerie where the road crosses the river.

Absolutely stunning, we never went high so no worries there, the crew are very proffesional and everything is sorted for you.

Over the Barossa or the flinders would be stunning i reckon.

Guest cazzie

Hi,

We recently flew over the Barossa in a helicopter and it was fantastic! However, I have flown in a hot air balloon over Rutland Water in dear old England at 6am - the view was stunning, the silence amazing and the sunrise fabulous. I would definitely want to repeat this experience and hope to do a balloon ride with Bill at some point in England or SA - I don't mind. It is absolutely a worthwhile experience. Go for it!

Is this Sunday night in the UK it's on, or Monday night? My folks would love to watch that as they're off to the Flinders for a trip when they visit us next month...

Diane it's 7pm on ITV on Sunday (tonight) on UK television. Me & hubby are looking forward to watching it.

No Tony, I'm not all that techy minded - I used to use a VPN to watch stuff but our downloads were never enough. Just upgraded our broadband plan though so hopefully will have enough now - how much does a slingbox cost, and where do you buy one? Is it a piece of hardware or a piece of software? Is it easy to use?