The Royal Adelaide Show

Guest The Dimmocks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Dimmocks
I went last year, so cant afford it this year!!!

Also I will be working at TTP every day from 30th until 5th September, selling Father's day gifts. can you come and see me and drop off a few show bags :-)

Is TTP Tea Tree Plaza??. We pop up there every now and again. Wont be able to make it before FD, so not going to be able to bring a bag, sorry ;).

Guest The Dimmocks
Yeah TTP is Tea Tree Plaza.

First Australian Westfield we visited when we arrived here. Bit surreal as it felt like being back in UK as inside it looks pretty much the same as Westfield in UK we lived by. Hope you sell lots of FD stuff.

Guest Guest75

There is an awful lot more than just rides and showbags.

We love going to the show.

There are halls full of all sorts of stuff from DIY to furniture,food,agriculture,animal shows from dogs/cats/birds.

One of our favourite events is the Woodcutting races - looks so dangerous swinging those sharp axes around.

Take time to see this side of the show as well - a great showcase for South Australia!:)

Guest The Dimmocks
There is an awful lot more than just rides and showbags.

We love going to the show.

There are halls full of all sorts of stuff from DIY to furniture,food,agriculture,animal shows from dogs/cats/birds.

One of our favourite events is the Woodcutting races - looks so dangerous swinging those sharp axes around.

Take time to see this side of the show as well - a great showcase for South Australia!:)

I know my kids looking forward to seeing the animals. Looks like so much to see, we are looking forward to it.

Guest Nick11

We luv it at the show.

My top tip would be to get there early..get a locker and put a huge picnic in it.

We spent a fortune last year on food.

Personally I love the showbags. The kids got loads the first year and we saved them for xmas prezzies..... as stocking fuillings ....they loved it.

I luv watching the wood chopping competitions and the car show at night.

Hope it's a little warmer this year!!!!!

Guest Nick11

Well last year we got one that only cost 2 dollars....there were only a few like that..and even better it gave us the 2 dollar coin back at the end!!!!!!

I think though the bigger lockers are quite expensive..about 10 dollars. But still cheaper than buying the very very expensive food!!!!!!

Guest katsmajic

We did the show last year, we thought it was great, got our kids badges where they were registered/our numbers etc, thankfully didnt need them but great idea.

We got some show bags and got a cple more that we put away for stocking fillers (Elmo and Star Wars - backpack bags/pencil cases/stickers/money tins/stationery/wallets/keychains, alsorts of bits for $20 each bag)

The agriculture and food tents were great, as was the pig racing/dog show/horse events/woodchopping.

It reminded me a bit of the Three Counties Show in the uk which i loved going to.

We ate there but will take food bits with us this year, (i have perk of it being my coffee company doing the coffee so lotsa hot free coffee for me this year)

The car event and fireworks were great aswell, i cant believe we lasted all day.

Spent about $400 but well worth it IMO

This year weve been saving our bottle/can recycling money in a tin, ready for the show to soften the hit on the wallet. Were doing it on a budget but planning on having a ball.

Guest The Dimmocks

Just had an e-mail from RAA. Can get money off your tickets if your a member. Would be no use to us as our 3 kids are all under 5. But if got older kids then worth it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Dimmocks

Well we went to the show today, had a great time. Kids loved it. We got their early and managed to find a car parking space on a side street. Put our packed lunch in one of the lockers. Got a Yellow Brick Road bag, which was great. In total we spent under $80, and all the kids and myself had a show bag.

Guest guest3462

I spent $900 this time!!! But I did buy the most wonderful kayak and all the gear to go with it that i've been wanting for ages and it was on offer at the show for much cheaper than normal!!!

Guest The Dimmocks
I spent $900 this time!!! But I did buy the most wonderful kayak and all the gear to go with it that i've been wanting for ages and it was on offer at the show for much cheaper than normal!!![/quote

Glad you found a Kayak, saw your post about one a while back. Sounds like you will be having some fun come next year x